R.E.M.

RJN

lost all chats
Pronouns
he/him
They are very hard to search for, so there might already be a thread...

I went through a phase with them about 10 years ago, and I've been listening a lot this week.

Find The River is one I keep going back to

Top 5

1. At My Most Beautiful
2. The Great Beyond
3. Imitation of Life
4. Losing My Religion
5. Man On The Moon or Nightswimming or Find the River (but I only heard this one for the first time this week)

Another great album track I heard this week

Edit: to put in the song I meant to...

One I’ve always gone back to for some reason. Even though lots of people hate the album it’s always been one of my favs

Reactions: RJN
Doesn't Stipe have some solo stuff in the works?

This was from the album everyone thought was really boring but it is such a good song:

I love the vocal layers on the chorus.

Reactions: RJN
1. Nightswimming
2. Man On The Moon
3. Imitation Of Life
4. The Great Beyond
5. Crush With Eyeliner
6. Losing My Religion
7. Stand
8. What’s The Frequency, Kenneth?
9. E-Bow The Letter
10. Find The River

The top 4 are some of the most perfect songs I’ve ever heard, Nightswimming is almost beyond description.

Also shout out to Bad Day which was one of the first songs I heard by them and caught my attention, but it’s not top 10 material these days

Tops across the albums:

Find The River
Discoverer
Turn You Inside-Out
Fall On Me
Strange Currencies
Electrolite
Half A World Away
Falls To Climb
Can't Get There From Here
The Great Beyond
So Central Rain

Strange Currencies and Electrolite are both beautiful. I am drawn to a R.E.M. slowie.
New Adventures is patchy at best, but Electrolite is such a gem and a perfect album closer.

We must be getting the 25th anniversary release of Up later this year :o. It's one of my favourites, but understandably not all that popular in general.

I liked New Adventures at the time, but I haven't gone back to it as a whole for a long while. They kind of retconned New Test Leper as a single for that last GH, which I can understand I guess. Bittersweet Me is quite underrated I think.

I think I was disappointed when it came out and it still sounds half baked to me. How The West Was Won, E-Bow and Electrolite are very good though.

Monster was such a rude FUCK YOU to everyone who had come on board with Green / Out Of Time / Automatic For The People :D

That definitely included me at the time, but I love what it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom