Random deep/disco/funky/piano house tunes

These guys have emerged quickly in the last year with some great tracks

has anyone tried the Overmono album?

mostly mellow house with lots of spliced up vocal sampling, it's a vibe. Good Lies is a proper feel good TUNE. almost pc music-esque. the artwork is a slay :disco:

Don't get much pure discofied funky house these days but this is really nice and slinky and summery

Carly is on a total winning streak the last 12 months. Loving this

Couple of handbag bangers here that I've had on repeat the last couple of weeks:

Carly Wilford nails it again...

Todd Terry has been releasing mostly underground and tribal stuff recently, but this is big return to his roots...

There seems to be a slew of piano tracks lately that are bringing the 90s vocals back, which is such a necessary counter to the chart piano dance tracks :disco:

I just can’t get my head around the likes of Ella Henderson singing on a piano house track. It’s meant to be soulful or big diva vocals or it just doesn’t work for me!

Well you can tell it's the summer! Quite a SELECTION this week :disco:

BEACH VIBES!

DISCO VIBES!

RAVEY VIBES!

GOSPEL VIBES!

OLD SCHOOL GARAGE VIBES!

VERY OLD SCHOOL EIGHTIES VIBES!

PIANO VIBES!

So despite coming out in March (probably for the Miami Winter Festival) this appears to be emerging as the song of Ibiza 2023. Radio 1 already all over it, racked up 4m on Spotify already, might actually be a big hit.

I can see why!

Two gorgeous deep house tunes here - always a pleasure having Lisa Shaw back and I am obsessed with everything Liv East does at the moment.

KoT have really been doing some great soulful house again this year, this being no exception

Less disco and more clubby for M&S but the diva vocals keep it very handbag

I love DJ Rae and this is a great deep house groove

More 90s style vocals but this is more of a 3am banger

@Jark you’ve been quiet, you enjoying any of these? Summer has arrived! (At least in music terms)

I'm not listening to much dance/house currently, the incorporation of house into pop music and some R&B lately is keeping me satisfied (Troye, Peggy, Kylie, Amaarae etc). I'll listen through these this week though!

extremely atmospheric new banger from Overmono, who are becoming quite excellent indeed. DIRTY bass :disco:

Todd Terry still in his prolific era this year, releasing a track almost every week in the summer. This is one of his better outputs, alongside Night Star which I also loved.

I've been slack recently.

This is the best Lion Babe song in a good while

This is a good deep house remake of an 80s R&B classic, but with Kerri Chandler on production duties it was bound to be

Another Todd Terry one, this time with the wonderful DJ Rae. He should release an album of all the songs he's done this year, it would be great:

I've shared this in the Christine thread but it deserves another mentoin - definitely one of the best celebrations of 90s piano house of recent years. I think it's glorious. And I think I now prefer it to the original :o

This is a great old skool tune and I'm not sure it samples but certainly references Xpansions' Move Your Body

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom