Random deep/disco/funky/piano house tunes

I'm finally listening to this and I wasn't enjoying it at first at all - apart from the really fun Beverley Knight opener, the first half just felt very generic, but the second half of the album is really good, particularly the deep houser "10,000" and the Chicago house of "Pass It Up" featuring, naturally, Robert Owens. "Untold Business" is also very good, plus you have the big hits "All 4 Love" and "Tonight" to close things out.

Not sure if this has been posted before but it's lovely - can someone confirm the sample for me please? It's seems to obvious because I know the original so well but just can't name it.

I found it on the Milk & Sugar mix compilation Stardust Vol 3, which is really good, although I already knew a lot of the tracks.

What Cha Gonna Do With My Lovin' by Stephanie Mills

Block & Crown release loads of these cover/sample tracks every week

What Cha Gonna Do With My Lovin' by Stephanie Mills

Block & Crown release loads of these cover/sample tracks every week

Yeah I've noticed a few others with very obvious song titles, I might give them a whirl.

And THANK YOU it was doing my head in... love a bit of Steph :disco:

can't get over this massive banger

huge chorus. interesting timbre. I do love Shungudzo.

This Belinda Carlisle-sampling tune feels like the most euphoric thing you've ever head (or the cheesiest). Would have been a massive hit in the 00s.

enjoyable bop from Aluna and Punctual

not 100% sold on the vocal processing but otherwise it smacks a bit

There's been quite a lot of generic pop-house records lately as everyone cashes in on the deep/piano house craze, but this is one of the better ones... really like it

Also feel free to go crazy with this. My All Time deep house playlist. Not a lot of recent stuff mostly noughties stuff, but it's the best of the best! @Jark

This is new from DJ Rae

This is deep stormy moody shit just how we like it

Can't remember if I shared this already, I love it

I'm absolutely living for how I'm able to come up with the goods on Jark's command :disco:

Only the Gods / Better On My Own :disco:
I feel like those bops are similar to the stuff I used to listen to back in 2012 from the Hot Creations label which Lee Foss who is on Only the Gods was one of the founders of. I also remember Anabel Englund from that time. I could do some digging.

Do you know this one?

@Jark It’s your nu disco thread bebs :D I keep saying to move it into the dance forum cos it’s in the pop forum and I can never find it either! It’s a great thread

I’ll find it and send it to @Soldi to move, I mean he’s not busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom