Real Housewives of New York

More NEVER ENDING New York rumours to throw on the fire. Who knows if any of this is true.
I think they've missed a trick by not having a camera on Luann and her mess of a life over the past 6 months, as we all know - NEVER COUNT OUT THE COUNTESS!

Last edited:
TERRIBLY sad of course if she's relapsed (I'm not sure if she ever went sober outside of being on camera in the first place), but that article is the definition of HIGH (sad) camp! :D

-
She grabbed the mic and simply wouldn’t stop, said the source, “Luann thought she was doing her act. She tried to sing [her own song] ‘Money Can’t Buy You Class,’ but they didn’t know it, they know standards.”

“The piano player was like, ‘I don’t know the song,’ and she responded ‘It’s a hit!'” The critically-trashed song apparently sold 19,000 digital copies.
-
A [probably very hungover] de Lesseps explained to Page Six on Thursday through an intermediary, “I was at rehearsals all day yesterday [for her upcoming cabaret show at Feinstein’s/54 Below], then went to dinner with Broadway producers. We were in a celebratory mood and drinking champagne.”

She says that she then went to Townhouse with Tony Award-winning “Kinky Boots,” producer Jim Kierstead at around 10:30 PM and “there were a bunch of people singing and it was a fun, boisterous crowd.” Kierstead suggested she sing a few songs.

“I got up and sang a few Broadway songs they were playing,” she says. “I realize I was a little bit tipsy, but we were having fun and it was getting late. I’d been rehearsing and I was in the mood to sing a few songs. Then Jim said to me, ‘Lu, I have an early rehearsal,” and then we left around midnight, 11:30 PM.”

According to Kierstead, “After a birthday party for a NY theatre personality, Luann and I went to the Townhouse for a nightcap.
She was met by legions of her fans and was convinced to sing for them. :D
-

TRULY the modern day Judy Garland :disco:

giphy.gif

Oh Lu, I do worry for her

Also what’s a hustler bar?

I'm actually obsessed with this. I think it's the best possible outcome.
Reading between the lines of Andy's interview it's apparent the network want one thing (a young, diverse cast with social media potential), whilst the fans want pure unfiltered RHONY - and the attempts at meshing the two haven't worked, and won't work in the future. I'm into it being a Peacock project too, they did a mostly great job with the Miami reboot, which often had classic NYC vibes.
The classic women will be on SEVERELY REDUCED PAY as a result however :D Which I'm assuming is another reason for the decision.

There's been a question of the future of the show for a while as the women age. This way around, the "classic" cast can continue shitting themselves, terrorising Blue Stone Manor and arguing about Harry Dubin until the end of time without the pressure of trying to deliver something the network wants, that they will never be able to fulfil.

What I think will happen:
- The classic show airs on Peacock to great (relative) success, and eventually airs on Bravo anyway.
- The reboot of RHONY takes ages to pull together, as they won't launch it until they have a perfect cast. Lets face it, they are looking for the new Nene Leakes.
- Everybody quickly gets used to the idea of the two shows :D
- LuAnn is initially the "anchor" for the classic show, as the one with the most cast connections and the most going on in her life. Ramona absolutely will be part of it despite fan speculation.

Last edited:
The biggest loser in all of this, is of course Bershan. Who probably should have been cast around season 10 and been given the chance to be a legendary Housewife in her own right :D

I think it's very likely Leah and Eboni will be quietly dropped as a failed experiment.

I can see OC getting a classic show too, if the inevitable attempt to bring back Tamra next season doesn't work. That or it just gets cancelled altogether. It's got a lot of the same problems as RHONY.

Beverly Hills is remarkably stable in comparison to both, mainly thanks to KYLE :becool:

I don’t see it for OC, there isn’t that much demand for a spin off when the women can just come back to the original show. The concept of young OC women is not as alluring as young NUC women.

I'm glad that they're taking all of the lessons that were there to be learned from the Ultimate Girls Trip and Peacock experiment. Sideways moves can be done, and if done well can be lapped up overwhelmingly by the fans. We have a lot of love and nostalgia for the classic castmates that got us into the show in the first place.

It actually feels quite forward-thinking of them, that they're giving us all what we want (Ramona, Sonja, Luann, Jill and Dorina etc), while also relaunching New York City from scratch with a whole new cast that represent much more of the city.

Now that I can rest in the knowledge that (some of) my favourite cast has been saved, I can be honest enough to say that Bravo would have been crucified for airing Series 14 of a reality show about New York City in 2022, that was far less representative of the Big Apple than HBO's reboot of Sex & The City :D

I can see OC getting a classic show too, if the inevitable attempt to bring back Tamra next season doesn't work. That or it just gets cancelled altogether. It's got a lot of the same problems as RHONY.

I don't think RHOC falls into the same trap as RHONY, though, in that there's not that much more of Orange County to represent than what the current cast already do.

What problems do you see as it having, out of interest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom