RuPaul's Drag Race

Jack

I HAVE NO IDEA
So, has anybody watched this series which recently aired in the US? Its like Americas Next Top Model but for drag queens. Just finished watching and it is the best thing I have seen on TV for AGES!

This was my favourite contestant;

tammie_150x200.jpg

Is it on over here anywhere ? I have had it recommended to me by a friend who said it was AMAZING

Some friends showed me a couple of episodes about this. Fuck knows when and where it was shown but all I can say is PORK CHOP!!!. :D

*No-one has any idea what the fuck I'm going on about*

This starts on E4 tonight at 11 for anyone who's interested!

Is it the first series they are showing on E4? Its MARVELLOUS

Have we seen Ep2??

crying as a shoddy drag queen lip-syncs to her "hit single" We Break The Dawn while the other contestant refuses to mime to it on the grounds that s/he HATES IT
was QUITE SOMETHING :D

Last edited:
I think I saw one episode of the first season and decided it was shit :D

Loved the take a picture of yourself challenge. They should get that into next years The Apprentice.

This show is utterly WONDERFUL and the future of reality TV.

Highlight has to be Tammie Brown, it's quite saddening she left, but what a way to go! She was special from the off, the wonderful spastic face she pulled whilst writhing around on the car in the first episode was divine.

I did also find it deliciously ironic that in the week that the contestants are encouraged to be part of a girlband whilst "outshining the rest" (ie doing a Beyonce), that they rolled out "expert" Michelle Williams :D
I refuse to believe she was really driven to tears by the lip-synching of the bitchy one, we all know what she was balling at!

Last edited:
I have seen the whole run and thought it was GREAT, funny, at times touching, bitchy and everything. The one downside of it is I fucking HATE Santino Rice, have done since Project Runway 2.

Them calling out Jade on her poor tucking ability ('I've never seen such a beautiful queen with such a big cock') in Episode 3 made me laugh out loud.

There is a second series next year.

Last edited:
I did enjoy the "...they can't take away MY DIGNITEEEEEEE..."
And off comes the wig made of 99p rubber snakes.

You just know Lady GaGa will watching avidly for her next source of inspiration.

I am still all about Team Bebe, but i do love Nina Flowers. The Oprah week sold her to me. 'JUST BLOW' :D

9jiucw.jpg

spacer.gif

YAY

I think i would like Shanelle, if he wasn't such a fucking dickhead. His 'Greatest Love Of All' performance was brilliant though. Proper gave it some.

Last edited:
I love the fact that Shanelle is obviously trying to hide the fact he's balding, badly...

Nina Flowers and Bebe Zahara Benet are the bestest, though I have a soft spot for Ongina as well...

Having just watched this weeks episode, i really warmed towards Ongina. I still think Ongina looks like a little boy wearing his mothers frock though.

Bebe has to win. BEAUTIFUL.

I think part of the charm is that Ongina looks like a little boy putting on his mom's outfits... But I like Nina bestest I think, possibly cause I'd consider a bit of ki-ki with him as a man... :shy:

Did anyone catch the premier??

I like how it still look cheap, the photoshoot was just hilariously bad with the wind machine :D.

Is no one watching? they are posting all the episodes on Logo's website.

is this shown ANYWHERE in the UK? I would have quite liked to catch it

The first season was shown on E4 late last year, whether the second one will be remains to be seen.

This returns on E4 on Wednesday at the PRIMETIME slot of 12am.

The one who looks Jake Shears born with brain damage is HIDEOUS.

New season premiers tonight in the US, needless to say i shall be downloading the TV event of 2011 :disco:.

rupauls-drag-race-season-3-cast-2.jpg

First guest judge will be Vanessa Williams and the other guests include Lilly Tomlin and LaToya.

There was a few munters last year, Nicole Page Brooks I'm looking at you, so I'm hoping for a marked improvement this season.

Is there a token fat one who won't last beyond episode three?

By the looks of it there's a couple of fat ones, maybe this is the fat cycle.

Question for those people who watch this and Top Model, is Raja/Sutan the same Sutan who's often a featured makeup artist on Top Model, I SWEAR it is.

Yeah he is, i think it's unfair because he has a big advantage, everyone knows him and well compared to the other "suburban" queens he can do so much more. He hasn't featured on ANTM for at least a couple of cycles know.

Downloading episode 2 at the moment, but it's all about Untucked "Bitch i'm from Chicago" is an iconic line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom