Saltburn

What do you think?

• Total voters
It's definitely tipped over from gay twitter to the mainstream in the last few days.

Carey Mulligan seems to be having a moment too, between this and Maestro (where she steals the show). I hope she gets that Oscar one day.

I love that her official character name is ‘Poor Dear Pamela’.

IMG_4941.jpeg

Not really a spoiler, but the whole Common People conversation doesn’t quite make sense. She’s claiming the song isn’t about her (to great amusement), but is she in turn pretending that people think it’s about her? Either way, the story is set in 2007 and her children are in their early 20s. So her chat about frolicking with all the Brit Pop bands oh so long ago (12 years maximum) was while she was married with children?
Common People was about events in 1988 according to Jarvis

Maybe I need to give this a second viewing.

In other news, does anyone else see this thread appear and say “Saltburn” in a whispery voice like Janet Jackson’s Velvet Rope classic Rope Burn or is that just me?

MMMM…MY LIPS HURT.

In other news, does anyone else see this thread appear and say “Saltburn” in a whispery voice like Janet Jackson’s Velvet Rope classic Rope Burn or is that just me?

MMMM…MY LIPS HURT.

This is embarrassing, but me and my friends have this silly little game every Oscar season, where the films in contention have an existing pop song that vaguely fits the film title to be sung along with it. For Saltburn this year it is sung to the tune of Sex Bomb.

I’m most proud of my choice for Anatomy of a Fall being sung to the tune of Waiting For a Star To Fall.

… although my friend’s suggestion a couple of years ago for Being The Ricardos being sung to the tune of Americanos by Holly Johnson was most inspired.

Watched this today knowing nothing about it, so I was definitely AGOG at the appropriate moments :D And just thinking "oh Moopy's going to LOVE this" at the final scene.

Rosamund Pike was of course the highlight as you've all said. I SQUEALED at the lesbian comment. Poor Dear Pamela (I spotted that when pausing it :D) and Richard E. Grant were great too.

MMMM…MY LIPS HURT.
Definitely NOT just you my love

We've just watched it!

We both really enjoyed it, very easy to watch and get into.

The bath, period and grave scene were uncomfortable viewing tho.

Mandy literally only watched it for the SEB song but still loved it.

Also the mothers comment about finding lesbian sex a bit too wet definitely resonates with me :D

OT: The period scene reminded me of a time MANY MOONS AGO that we all went camping for a friend’s birthday and her mate, commonly known as ROUGH OLD ANGE, came along. Our Ange ended up getting off with some absolute wrong’un, took her back to her tent and started shagging him really loudly. Us all being British, no one said a word, until finally, she declares, at the top of her voice, about 4am in an otherwise silent campsite, in the most Portsmouth accent possible, “I wouldn’t put my face down there if I were you, unless you want blood on it”, which finally tipped everyone over the edge into vocal disgust.

Anyway, as you were.

OT: The period scene reminded me of a time MANY MOONS AGO that we all went camping for a friend’s birthday and her mate, commonly known as ROUGH OLD ANGE, came along. Our Ange ended up getting off with some absolute wrong’un, took her back to her tent and started shagging him really loudly. Us all being British, no one said a word, until finally, she declares, at the top of her voice, about 4am in an otherwise silent campsite, in the most Portsmouth accent possible, “I wouldn’t put my face down there if I were you, unless you want blood on it”, which finally tipped everyone over the edge into vocal disgust.

Anyway, as you were.
We all had a friend like that. And if you didn't, then it was YOU.

Carey Mulligan and Maths Nerd really milking this being a hit, turning up to do interviews after being in like TWO SCENES

Well, this was fine. A couple of laughs, a couple of winces, but otherwise nothing special.

Seeing SEB saying she watched it with her mum and sons together, just seen this detailed all the “naughty bits” to FF with the family :D

Just realised the ‘cafe’ is a couple of roads from where I live. I’m basically in the film!

It wasn't as good as I expected, but it also was so much more entertaining than I expected. I started the film in love with Jacob Elordi, but ended it wanting to fuck Barry Keoghan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom