Shakespears Sister reunion

I changed my mind when I saw the dates and went for Brighton but hooray!

Did anyone do the full meet n greet package? I’m gonna try for Liverpool at lunchtime.

Absolutely not interested in a meet and greet

I was obviously doing something quite fascinating at work this morning as I forgot all about this until 9.25, by which time there was nothing left for London.

I'm assuming it was a limited presale. They have a gap that suggests another London date so I'm not too concerned about managing to get a ticket.

Was poised at 9am sharp for the pre-sale on Wednesday but all of the offering were shit, so I didn’t bother. Casually strolled up on General sale day and got amazing tickets. So, what’s the point of the pre-sale?

(Liverpool)

I forgot all about this AGAIN until midday but still managed to get a passable stalls ticket for the Palladium. I did consider waiting to see if they added a second London show but considering the amount of seats still available I wasn't sure they would do another date. I guess this doesn't have the same nostalgia, girls night out appeal of the Nana reunion.

I guess they are doing Stay tonight:

I'm sorry but WHAT THE FUCK was Marcella doing? Siobhan will have been sticking pins in her backstage afterwards.

And Shuv wasn't that much better. I'm AGOG they blew such a prime promo opportunity. I don't think Marcella stuck to a note, and was convinced she was still doing a bit of reality tv opera by the end.

They should have figured out it wasn't working and gone with I Don't Care or something.

That performance was just well..I don't really have the words :D

She definitely thought she was back on Popstar to Opera star

and does Siobhan have a copy and paste statement she reads out when she gets back together with ALL HER BANDZ. "We hated eachother now we sorted out the difference's YAH, it's just so nice to be CREATIVE yah"

Last edited:
They looked great but good luck selling tickets off the back of that performance. I think this tour will struggle tbh as they were essentially a 2 hit wonder to MOST people. Cheapest London ticket for London is £55. Glad I held off until hearing that performance. I'm out.

Thinking back to TOTP in the day. Stay always sounded a bit shit with live vox but this was another level.

Credit for them doing it fully live - but JHEEZE know when it's good to use some solid backing track.

They did look good though I thought - black and white always helps but they still looked good in colour,

I am sure they were directed to do Stay, but really...

They did both look very well and I did like Siobhan's new look more than in the promo pics.

I just hope the new single is as much of a corker as Siobhan says and they have some other spots lined up to generate a more positive response.

Sorry but what’s wrong with this performance? Typical twitter bullies on the scene I see.

I enjoyed it.

Sorry but what’s wrong with this performance? Typical twitter bullies on the scene I see.

I enjoyed it.

Just watched it again. It is obviously not an easy song to sing, and some of it seemed to be nerves on Marcy's part at the beginning, but the popera stuff at the end was not a good choice.

Now, it wasn't that bad. I think we have official confirmation that Marcella can't reach all of the notes anymore, but I still enjoyed the performance.

To be fair she is in her 60s is she not? And the Original vocal is from 1992? And this is their first live performance of it together in over two decades so understandably a bit nervous?

God I really hate social media sometimes. Twitter trolls expecting her to sound exactly like she did on record happy to spout ageist and sexist abuse from behind their keyboards... ugh.

Last edited:
To be fair she is in her 60s is she not? And the Original vocal is from 1992? And this is their first live performance in over two decades so understandably a bit nervous?

God I really hate social media sometimes. Twitter trolls expecting her to sound exactly like she did on record happy to spout ageist and sexist abuse from behind their keyboards... ugh.
All true. Plus I assume that the BBC would have immediately told them to fuck off if they'd turned up and announced that they wanted to do a new song.

I couldn’t find any tickets for Bournemouth that weren’t the platinum front row tickets. I don’t wanna go THAT much.

I quite liked it. I was quite high admittedly.

I get that it was high pitched in places but come on its been 30 years. Agnetha gets a free pass and she sounds like shit live. Omg.

Marcella was pretty poor to be honest and they probably need to look at a new arrangement for her parts or get some backing help in but not as horrific as I was expecting.

Marcella looked FUCKING ANCIENT. I know it's been almost 30 years, but I never figured how old she was back then.

She certainly looked amazing in her 40s. I’d have put her at late 20s during SS’s heyday.

I also always loved her solo hit I Believe.

She certainly looked amazing in her 40s. I’d have put her at late 20s during SS’s heyday.

I also always loved her solo hit I Believe.
I Believe is the tits. And yeah she was 40 for Stay! Who knew?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom