Shania Twain - Waking Up Dreaming & "Queen of Me" album

Giddy Up is sounding very boppy and god bless Shania for putting so much into this era

some up in your giddy!!

madonna-dont-tell-me.gif

d5109523539e9e820eec50fe4f9c821814da3349_hq.gif

Why is she in the music video for about 4 seconds in total?

The song is good harmless fun but watching that I actually find it a bit embarrassing how shamelessly they’re trying to force it into becoming a TikTok thing.

Waking Up Dreaming is definitely much more what I want from Shania in 2022/3. This skirts a little close to the novelty line but it’s fun for what it is I guess.

Why is she in the music video for about 4 seconds in total?

The song is good harmless fun but watching that I actually find it a bit embarrassing how shamelessly they’re trying to force it into becoming a TikTok thing.

It's subtitled 'official dance video' so I guess it's literally just there to try and make it a thing for Tik Tok, but maybe there'll be an official music video too (I won't hold my breath).

Michelle Heaton (Liberty X) will be skating to Waking Up Dreaming on Dancing On Ice on Sunday. Love that the track is getting more love and nice to see Shania noticed it too!

Genuinely thought that was Shirley Ballas, not Michelle Heaton.

Giddy Up is doing pretty great with 5m+ streams so far. it will overtake Waking Up Dreaming soon.

she has a new profile piece in the Guardian in which she touches on the Mutt creative partnership among other things:

She talks about Lange in generous terms, careful not to minimise or denigrate the time they had or the work they did together. “I really recognise him as one of the greats. With or without the personal life, there’s nothing bad to say about the incredible music that was created. He was an important part of the story – not as an ex-husband, as an ex-music collaborator.”

She retraces her steps over this sentence a number of times. “There couldn’t be one without the other. That was the sad part. Even though in my mind, of course, I can separate them, the songs are as much his as they are mine. Knowing that we would never make music again together … that is a shame, I think, musically, creatively.” She is hamstrung by her own fair-mindedness: determined to give Lange his due, while not misrepresenting her feelings about him.

it really is a shame how it went down not least because they were the perfect musical partners. I also didn't know she'd begun losing her voice as early as 2003 and that's why she disappeared after the GH.

Well that's certainly more diplomatic than how she referred to the Mutt situation last time the Guardian interviewed her.

Then, in June 2011, Twain announced a two-year residency at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. She had not performed live since July 2004. After this lucrative run – which began in December 2012 and brought in $43m – she went into the studio and recorded Now, an album of self-penned songs, which was released last year. They might not have the hooks of her best work with Lange, but they provide a fascinating insight into her life. The lyrics are as personal as they get – from the shock of being deserted to the anger she feels towards her former friend.

You do not hold back, I say. She laughs and suggests I do not know the half of it. In fact, there were songs she wrote that were so vitriolic they could not go on the album. “If I’m really angry, I’ll say ‘fuck’ a lot. And, if I’m writing, that word will be in every line. There was one song I wrote about my cheating friend and there was a lot of fucks in there. I hated her, so that’s the best word to use when you hate somebody.”

In the flesh, there is something so wholesome and mumsy about Twain that it comes as a shock when she swears. She is small and strikingly pretty (in 2009, scientists at the University of Toronto declared that she had the perfect face). Today, she is an unlikely mix of dress-down casual and showbiz glam – black tracksuit bottoms, a black-and-white striped sweatshirt, trainers, false eyelashes with which you could sweep the floor and a huge diamond knuckle-duster on her wedding finger.

We meet in a Los Angeles hotel. The room is empty, but for three Brobdignagian bouquets of white roses. She tells me how much she loves roses, then returns to the subject uppermost in her mind. “‘Cunt’ is good, too. My friend said: ‘Say: “She’s a fucking cunt”’. That felt good to say. Those words were cathartic.” She says it almost beatifically, as if reciting the rosary.

:D

I love that she’s experimenting with new hair styles and wigs, just saw her in a blonde wig

Queen of Me out soon omggg - where’s the uk massive

I can't listen to 'Giddy Up!' before bed. I'll be up for hours.

Excited to give the album a spin when I wake up (dreaming) though :disco:

Big fan of 'Last Day of Summer', 'Queen of Me' and 'Number One' on first listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom