Succession

No she’s the heiress from last season, from the liberal family who also owned a news company.

What is this season working towards because there’s nothing really happening but at the same time EVERYTHING is happening. I just love it.

Really thought we were going to get TV golden shower tonight :(

I’ve really forgotten much of season 1, this just popped up in my YouTube recommendations and I had totally forgotten it

it’s a shame we’re not getting any Marsha this season

Why ARE we not getting more Marsha? Is the actress otherwise engaged? Her one key scene from season 3, where she basically took Logan to the cleaners in about TWO SENTENCES was one of the best of the entire show.
Succession could really do with beefing up the fabulous woman quota too, Shiv DOESN'T REALLY COUNT, and Gerri has basically just been doing cameo appearances this season :(

Imagine a Marsha/Mum VERBAL CAT FIGHT :disco:

Anyway, amazing episode. So layered, especially for Kendal. I need to watch it again really as there was so much to absorb on so many levels. Deffo one of the best of the entire show's run so far.

The PISS SCENE was of course iconic too. I wonder if this is going to be a running gay-baiting theme going forward :D

Agree about the woman quota. And more Cyd, please! I can’t believe they brought her in this season only to show a second of her and no real lines.

Also where did GoJo come from? Was it mentioned last week? I honestly thought it was the campaign slogan for the new president :D

7D31BDF3-5240-4D66-91FF-8AB64BD66D16.jpeg

:becool: Not much happened this season (in terms of moving the plot forward) and then in the last 15 minutes everything gets blown up.

Also fuck them for showing Marsha and not giving her one line.

Shiv just being completely awful on multiple fronts in this episode.

It all got quite intense again but I did scream at 'The skunk, the porcupine and the concubine', the pathetic proposal and Roman's face of death when he realised that pic went astray.

I’m not clever enough to get “The skunk, the porcupine and the concubine” :(

I do love a good Succession European adventure and this one didn’t disappoint.

Shiv was horrendous in this but then she’s also going to overthrow everyone so I’m completely torn :( I can take everyone else but going after Gerri is not on. I hate her “I’m being really compassionate but I’m also a cunt” that she’s so good at. Telling Tom she didn’t love him was so heartbreaking.

Absolutely FLAWED at the dick pic and Romans face on realisation. Kieran Culkin nailed it. I did LOL at Logan saying Gerri was a thousand years old.

Quiet on the Kendall front - just so broken but looks like he’s after his redemption, perhaps? The shot at the end as the beer bottle floated away was painful.

I did find the way Logan said to him “Heyyy, are you queer?” so chilling.

One thing I’ve missed this season is when they’re all around a table having a big conversation. It was kind of the hallmark of Succession but I don’t think we’ve had any this season?

The skunk = Logan
The porcupine = Marsha
The concubine = the assistant

Or at least that’s how I got it.

Also I think we’re meant to think Kendal is dead

And Roman was getting wanked off by his hot Season 1 PT was he? :horny:

I feel Kendall’s death has been so heavily signposted that there’s no way it will actually happen.

WOW what an episode.

The dick pic conversation on the stairs. Shiv's version of talking dirty is to tell Tom she doesn't love him (in dirty whore character mode) and they fuck anyway. The dreadful mornign after embryo chatter ("I'm not saying I'd get them if we divorce"). Logan getting his grandson to test his food for poison. The awkward proposal. Shiv making political hay out of the dickpic scandal. She was on fire this episode - a great performance too.

Shiv's "Aww Tom, I may not love you but I do... love you, you know?" line might be the most horrible line in the show so far :D

Also I picked up on the ending that we're supposed to assume he died in the pool. But my guess is that he survives but the press get wind (or its leaked) and he's painted as still an addict, and he loses leverage against Logan.

Yes I think Kendall is a near miss.

Also the conversation with Cousin Greg, Shiv and Tom about Greg date laddering was ridiculous :D

Shiv slut shaming Gerri under the guise of being caring in order to fuck her brother is the worst behaviour so far this season. All her liberal morals are out the window the second they’re no longer of use to her.

shiv wasn't slut shaming her, she was horrifically kicking her ass.

much to be said but in a nutshell like tom, hate greg, miss marsha (if you're nasty) but mostly i just can't stop thinking what it must be like to have four awful children.

Oh my God what an episode! I knew all this dick pic texting wouldn’t end well. I feel like we’ve all feared what Roman went through since camera phones/smartphones appeared and sort of experienced it through him. :D

When will Roman come out? Wasn’t that ”don’t open that Pandora box, it would be full of dickpics” not a sign?

Shiv was such a cunt, I’m glad Logan managed to shut her up a bit.

Shiv slut shaming Gerri under the guise of being caring in order to fuck her brother is the worst behaviour so far this season. All her liberal morals are out the window the second they’re no longer of use to her.

Exactly, I wanted to kill her in that moment. Leave Gerri alone you cunt.

I really think Kendall is dead. It's the finale next episode, and as has been noticed - the narrative hasn't moved on a GREAT DEAL this season despite several top-notch episodes. Kendall's character arc is basically complete//at a stalemate following the dinner with his Dad in Italy, and frankly the entire show needs SOMETHING to change to propel itself forward into the next season. It's not the sort of show that will rest on its laurels and keep repeating itself.

The entire show itself probably only has one or two seasons left in it maximum, as I'm sure the show-team will want to go out on a high (there's also the very sad, but real concern that Brian Cox is GETTING ON A BIT and probably won't want to do this forever). A significant character death, or plot twist is surely on the cards, and Kendall's death has been signposted greatly throughout - especially the latter part of season 3.

<Can't wait for the EGG ON MY FACE next week when Kendall lives :D >

Last edited:
I don’t want to think about Succession ending ever :(

Also I think Brian Cox is in better shape than he portrays Logan as.

I believe they said 5 seasons

I do get that this would be the time to end Kendall's arc but losing Jeremy Strong would be huge for the show. He absolutely nails the character and there is no gratuity or self indulgence to the performance whatsoever, when he could quite easily have taken it there.

The only way I could see it working is if it's the beginning of the family unravelling. I can imagine him dying, then Roman getting a lengthy prison sentence, Shiv escaping the family altogether and eloping, and Connor suffering a nervous breakdown after tanking at the election. It would be fitting to see Logan left with no legacy.

I don’t think anyone’s character arch is more finished than the others. The story hasn’t moved much since the start, they keep recycling the same format but they do it so well it hasn’t ever been boring.

Killing Kendall (or anyone else) would disrupt the balance of power for the worse, I think.

I reckon he's dead too. His arc definitely feels complete to me and there has been a lingering feeling that this season needs to shake things up a bit and stop spinning its wheels.

Also, from that article that did the rounds this week it seems fairly clear that the rest of the cast and crew DETEST Jeremy Strong, so unless they had a very different ending in mind for him I wouldn't be surprised if they were keen to GET RID. :D

I'm much more concerned that Penis-gate might spell the beginning of the end for Gerri. Hard to see how she stays in the inner circle much longer after this!

Gerri is too smart, you could see her mind working in that final scene. Remember when she told Roman ‘think how what you do is going to advance your position’? She’s ready for this, and she’s the only one capable of out-witting them.

Reactions: VoR
I do hope so, she must be protected at all costs.

She has plenty of plausible deniability at this point, all Logan knows is that his most wildly inappropriate child has been texting her dirty pictures, not that she's been engaging in regular(?) phone sex with him. ( :D )

But I don't get the impression Logan is going to just be talked off the ledge now that he's clearly decided she's a dead woman walking. Hopefully a DEAD SON will distract him long enough for her to figure out a gameplan. (Sorry Kendall, but priorities!)

I guess the profile must have annoyed him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom