Succession

It was a decent first episode. Took me a second to remember what was going on.

I rewatched the pilot last night with a friend and it’s a very different show. Roman had a wife and child, Greg had a mother :D

Shame about Marcia being gone, I hope we get a bit of her.

Also loved the symmetry with the premier which also starts with a birthday party but with family and this one is with ghouls.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he croaks halfway through the season.

And more Cyd, please! I can’t believe they brought her in this season only to show a second of her and no real lines.

I am so happy that poor old Cyd is back! And not only being mentioned but actually getting some camera time too.

On the other hand, Gerri seems to be a featured less.

Why’s he cutting Gerri out? Doesn’t want Roman fapping over her again?

Holy shit

They certainly know how to do a wedding episode. It was just so matter of fact.

Also I am very much Kerry in these situations “chuckles the clown” indeed

Last edited:
Why is this show so good and how am I supposed to sleep now.

God that was brilliant.

I love how it happened offscreen, total blindside. And how you couldn’t be sure it was real for a few minutes.

And the episode being called Connor’s Wedding. Lol.

Last edited:
That was so stressful, I couldn’t believe it was happening and kept thinking that it wasn’t true. It was so brilliantly done.

Can’t believe we’ll have to wait a whole week for next episode.

God wow. No fantastic emotional speeches over the phone or something to really ramp up the sentiment but rather as the viewer you just felt as numb as kids slipping into the unknown, watching and experiencing it with them.

Expertly done.

Some fun light reading on the inspiration

We’re calling Kerry a taxi to the subway so she can go home to her little apartment :disco: give me the Marcia spin off please

Last edited:
“You’re an addendum in miscellaneous written in pencil… with a question mark” is one of the greatest lines I’ve ever heard uttered in television, capped off further by recipient Greg retorting with a hopeful smile, “nevertheless….”

:D

A subdued episode that was chock full of delicious vitriol and shallowness. Willa not being sure if they should spend 63mil on an apartment and then five minutes later telling her mum she wants to “knock a few walls through”…

I squirmed in my chair when Tom sat with the Swedes at the table. That was so uncomfortable (also the majority of Nordic people are assholes).

Great stuff from Kieran Kulkin. Also of course Karolina and Gerri make the cut.

Kieran Culkin was so good in this episode. Sarah Snook too, the scene with her and Skarsgard and then smirking snapper on the plane home :disco:

Poor love though with her thick and chewy ear lobes of barnacle meat :(

Culkin was amazing in this. A lot of that had to be just ad-libbed at the top of the mountain.

I do love a Succession away day but I would still rank the trip to Pierce as my favourite for that big “around the table” scene that took them about 3 days to shoot. Don’t think we’ve had one in this series have we?

So had Shiv actually got them the deal or not? Or does Mattson really just want to pay for a massive turd and the play by Kendall and Roman just made him want it more?

The whole blood conversation between Shiv and Matsson was incredible :D

"Well, deniability is going to be tricky considering she has so much of your blood..."

Culkin was amazing in this. A lot of that had to be just ad-libbed at the top of the mountain.

I do love a Succession away day but I would still rank the trip to Pierce as my favourite for that big “around the table” scene that took them about 3 days to shoot. Don’t think we’ve had one in this series have we?

So had Shiv actually got them the deal or not? Or does Mattson really just want to pay for a massive turd and the play by Kendall and Roman just made him want it more?

I don’t think he sees it as a massive turd. Shiv created a connection and got her people (Karolina, Gerry and Tom) to stay. I assume he will offer her a spot on his team.

Kendall doesn’t have the range (for being on stage). Another cringe fest from K Dog 🙈

Tom and Greg had the best lines (as always). “How am I supposed to follow this? He’s just promised enteral life”

Kendall performing the Republic Party model of lowering expectations to such ridiculous levels that people end up liking it by the end :D4

Such a cringefest, he's so awful. And I love Roman just being completely out of his depth and responding by dropping bombs. They create such a beautiful blueprint of badly run companies :disco:

The scene with Gerri and Roman was so good. Everything else was a bit too stressful for me to fully enjoy (why does this show feel so real!).

Last edited:
Is Raystar | Woyco a successful company? That’s whatever I’ve never really been able to figure out. My thinking is that it’s not loss making and largely successful but like Gerri said “tech is coming”?

The 192 value Mattson was willing to pay? What does that value the company at?

I think a lot but also that includes all sorts of companies, the tv network, the movie studio, the cruises and who knows what else.

Is Raystar | Woyco a successful company? That’s whatever I’ve never really been able to figure out. My thinking is that it’s not loss making and largely successful but like Gerri said “tech is coming”?

The 192 value Mattson was willing to pay? What does that value the company at?

It’s basically Fox, or any of the studios really. They all have their own news channel, sports affiliates, cable channels, movie studios, etc

Full of content development, rights and distribution which was everything the entertainment world needed until tech came along and disrupted everything. Now they’re desperately trying to diversify / merge/ catch up before they’re overtaken or swallowed by tech

So yeah Waystar is hugely successful but stock prices are based on speculation (isn’t capitalism great etc) and so if your investors and industry bods aren’t convinced you’re in trouble.

The entertainment industry has been and is still going through crazy flux. Look at how many time Warner Brothers has changed the name of its parent company in the last five years (and its streaming platform as it goes, what are we on now, JUST MAX?)

Look at how many time Warner Brothers has changed the name of its parent company in the last five years (and its streaming platform as it goes, what are we on now, JUST MAX?)

OT: Fucking MAX (which is not hitting Europe until next year). I do hope it doesn’t mean that my 4€ a month membership is going to be more expensive, especially since it looks like the merge of HBO with Discovery would mean a lot of shitty reality shows and less HBO content. They’ve already taken down some of the HBO original shows from the platform and apparently more originals will disappear after the merge. :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom