Succession

It will definitely be more expensive.

They won’t remove HBO shows though, if anything you’ll get the full library (a la Netflix)

The only exceptions will be if any of the shows have exclusivity rights historically (they will all eventually expire - all content under the WBD banner will go to Max in the future) or if they’re shows that were bought for the old HBO but aren’t actually HBO (like Mad Men was for example in many countries)

Max actually has the best chance to compete with Netflix, Disney and Prime. It’s playing catch-up but once they get all their rights back from the local affiliates, combining Warner Bros, HBO, DC, Discovery, Turner, CNN and all their kids properties is actually pretty huge

It will definitely be more expensive.

They won’t remove HBO shows though, if anything you’ll get the full library (a la Netflix)

The only exceptions will be if any of the shows have exclusivity rights historically (they will all eventually expire - all content under the WBD banner will go to Max in the future) or if they’re shows that were bought for the old HBO but aren’t actually HBO (like Mad Men was for example in many countries)

Max actually has the best chance to compete with Netflix, Disney and Prime. It’s playing catch-up but once they get all their rights back from the local affiliates, combining Warner Bros, HBO, DC, Discovery, Turner, CNN and all their kids properties is actually pretty huge

No, they’ve actually deleted HBO original shows and movies. So far it’s only been less successful, short shows like Camping, Run and Mrs Fletcher, but still. (I’m glad I’ve already watched them)

That must be because of the new service coming replacing whatever is there at the moment

It’s the same in the U.K. - for years everything HBO was on Sky, but the moment Max launches it’ll be gone. Im not quite sure what Sky looks like without HBO or WB, their originals are just not catching on. They’re also trying to focus on streaming but once the studios switch off and go exclusive the cable giants are fucked

No, they’ve actually deleted HBO original shows and movies. So far it’s only been less successful, short shows like Camping, Run and Mrs Fletcher, but still. (I’m glad I’ve already watched them)

Yeah they removed these shows to save money. Sold some of them to other networks (Westworld and The Nevers).

Yeah they removed these shows to save money. Sold some of them to other networks (Westworld and The Nevers).

I’ve read about The Nevers (which I’m glad I won’t have to watch) but didn’t know Westworld was sold too. :o

That must be because of the new service coming replacing whatever is there at the moment

It’s the same in the U.K. - for years everything HBO was on Sky, but the moment Max launches it’ll be gone. Im not quite sure what Sky looks like without HBO or WB, their originals are just not catching on. They’re also trying to focus on streaming but once the studios switch off and go exclusive the cable giants are fucked

It’ll be interesting to see what happens, I have Sky for the HBO stuff and that’s it (and the nice user interface). Don’t see a need if it’ll have no content I want to watch.

That balcony scene was great.

The rest of the episode was alright, probably my least favorite so far. It felt like we’re spinning plates.

I guess next week is the election and then the finale is the funeral.

Yes it wasn't the most exciting episode, until Shiv and Tom's big argument. Roman and Gerri being at odds is very sad, and I think a little of
Matsson goes a long way - I feel we saw a bit too much of him again.

For the final season the pace seems a little glacial and repetitive, I feel like we’ve already had this episode.

The deal with Matsson is feeling more and more like a way for the show to tread water and fill out a ton of eps. It's still been really strong (Logan's death and Norway eps in particular were stellar) but this season is going to really need to up the ante if it isn't to go down as my least favourite one. Roll on the funeral :disco:

One issue is that with Logan gone and it no longer being about who he picks, I find it hard to actually care who ends up in charge? Like, they're all rich and the job looks shit so what are the stakes exactly? At least with Game of Thrones the ones who weren't victorious ended up DEAD. In this they'll, what, still have hundreds of millions of dollars and probably a chance to take over again some day? But Jesse Armstrong is smart - hopefully the ending will overcome this to be both impactful and final-feeling.

This was the most upsetting hour of tv ever.

Also next week looks tremendous.

"We just made a night of good TV..."

I feel very tightly wound after watching that.

It’s great tv but it’s feel bad tv as well.

Shiv has to be the worse out of them all. On her fucking high horse but she’s just the same.

I hope Marcia and Willa end up with everything

Shiv has to be the worse out of them all. On her fucking high horse but she’s just the same.

I hope Marcia and Willa end up with everything

Willa was literally deciding between whether to help elect a right wing nutjob, who she didn't really like but it would mean she'd be able to go shopping in Italy :D

She's as bad as the rest of them!

Anyway I need to go cleanse myself with some Ted Lasso after that. Way too close to the bone!

I feel with the distraction of the election they have a lot of bits left to clean up before the end. I hope they go out with a bang.

it's a great but also infuriating show because it feels so depressingly true to life
highlight for me has been shiv and tom on the balcony

Yes it’s definitely time for the show to end - even though I’d happily follow them dragging it out for another three seasons of the same, they’re going to end with the legacy intact.

One more week. I hope there’s a bit of a time jump in the finale.

So much happened at the funeral but the grieve moments were pretty damn good. The whiplash of emotions towards Roman is just too much.

Again my queen Marcia getting one exit line and a walk towards the camera :( I think that’s the last we’ll see of her.

I feel exhausted and emotionally drained after this episode, in a fantastic way.

An Emmy and a Golden Globe and whatever to Roman surely? I was so scared he’d be shot at the end. Despite being such an asshole, it’s hard not to feel for him.

I love the actress that plays the daughter to the man in the wheelchair (Hope Davis?), she’s so underused here.

Also loved the return of evil mother Caroline and her desperate husband who somehow ends up even lower on the pecking order than GREG :D

The corralling by Caroline of her fellow Logan widows and shuffling them all to the front row was SUCH a moment in a series of moments :disco:

Roman’s spectacular descent from gorging on his election success and feeling excited for the attention of the funeral to the sudden realisation that his father was dead, triggered by an unplanned and all-too-real eulogy from his Uncle, was also masterful.

How will we cope without this show? What can possibly replace it?

GAGGED at Kerry getting front row at the show :D :disco:

Loved them circling all Mencken and none of it working in their favour apart from Shiv (possibly). I did think Mattson was in a car with someone and we were going to have a wide frame showing Roman or Kendall but they were still at the wake. Maybe it was Willa :disco:

What a show though. The way they time and time again can keep an episode full of highlights in only a few (and sometimes single) locations is masterful. It just oozes quality at every moment. I was thinking about all the news items being shown in the background (ATN AND PGN) this episode and you think about the work that must have went into that alone.

Also fuck me that was a meaty good finale. Just perfect way to end the show.

We got it all, backstabbing, stickers and Willa’s cow print couch, a touching sibling moment where they were all happy and even a fist fight.

I love them all and also hate them all. Fantastic show.

God what a rollercoaster ride that was. I knew the happy moment they had that night wouldn’t lost. Obviously Ken would’ve been terrible, but still fucking Shiv! I wanted Tom to go down so bad.

What a show. I’m going to miss them a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom