Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department (out April 19th)

the gays also have new albums by Beyonce, Kacey, Ariana among others to tide us over first

The 2025 Grammy awards ceremony is going to be a BLOODBATH! The star power the room will be holding; even Normani could snatch an invite.

my favorite variant so far

"am i allowed to CRY?"

HOLY SHIT. oh Joe your neck is not ready

Fuck's sake. I'm actually getting seriously put off by this bullshit. Why does everything have to be marketed like this?

The variants don't bother me but do we really need to see all of them revealed in this drip drop fashion before we hear a note of the actual album?

STILL NO SONG?

sorry taylor swift GIF

I'm just wondering what the next bonus track will be. We've got "The Manuscript", "The Albatross" and "The Bolter". I'm putting a fiver on "The Prick".

The Jail
The Fugitive
The Cage
The Ache

or... omg... The End :disco:

The new one is my favorite of the four. The others look like mannequins or covers to cheap self-help books.

i think i'm gonna get the last two

not feeling the first two

Which one - if any, is going into the shops? I assume it's the first one because it's been available throughout.

UK stores are now open for pre-orders. The white and "ghosted clear" vinyls are heading for the shops at £40-£45 with the plain ol' CD being £15 in HMV (and higher elsewhere). Oooft.

no surprises here; is she allergic to other producers? I'm just asking.

second? It sure feels like an eternity.

no surprises here; is she allergic to other producers? I'm just asking.

second? It sure feels like an eternity.

Isn’t that a massively misogynistic reading that eliminates her from being listed as producer, presuming she is a) one on this one and b) co-produced every track on Midnights?

I'm pretty sure she controls the sound. Jack is very vers (see Lana) but with her it's all started to sound the same. I really hope she has switched up the sound this time. another twinkly chill/midtempo affair with eons of reverb on every chorus will piss me off.

omg, Sheena's right, she's never been credited as CO-producer before as far as I know, surely a full swing Swiftie knows otherwise.

i guess they mean he's the main collaborator.

i was hoping Aaron Dessner would also be heavily involved.

I'm not surprised she's made another album with Antonoff but I think/hope it will be the last. By the end of the tour, we'll likely have the last two TVs and take a break. At minimum, I severely doubt we'll get a new record in 2025. After that, I would be a bit wary if she was just to pick up with the same collaborators again.

Antonoff made Melodrama, Norman Fucking Rockwell!, and folklore - some of the most critically acclaimed and popular female records of the last decade. he can stay. but she needs to experiment with other producers too.

Obviously. She's still well in her untouchable phase. I haven't stanned anything from her in years but I'm here for the ride this time

i'm glad she's not releasing a single and is letting us enjoy her peers' releases. she's so big right now that releasing a single in February, March, or early April would sabotage Ariana and Beyoncé eras.

I'm a bit Taylored out at the moment and could do with a break.

The looming prospect of seeing the Eras tour isn't all too exciting at the moment, and I was expecting to be at fever pitch :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom