The FALSE ECONOMIES chat boutique

Does anyone have any decent NONE feather/down pillows? If I think about it for TOO LONG, it’s actually quite GROSS.
My memory foam pillows from Emma are the best I've ever had. And the mattress is great too.

We've got latex dunlopillo ones. They weren't cheap, but we've had them over 10 years and they are still just as good as when we got them.

The Emma pillows weren't for me :( I have a mix of pillows now, a dreaded Ikea one underneath an M&S one from one of their mid-priced ranges.

My memory foam pillows from Emma are the best I've ever had. And the mattress is great too.
I don’t trust people called Emma which is why I chose Nectar :)

I would say that a good memory foam mattress is the best investment ever although it makes it hard to ever want to get out of bed. There are a few things which I want but don’t have to do today and am I up yet? NO!

I love my memory foam pillow. It came with a quilted protector. Quite, the luxury really.

Our Egyptian cotton bedsheets were LOVELY, but they tore on a WHIM. Waste of MUCH EXPENSE.

Oh NO :D

I’m so amused by this image and have a definite visual in mind but can’t find an appropriate gif :(

E693D256-D916-4A0F-9466-AC78F3109F64.gif

Oh God I’ve just remembered my worst false economy ever: a second hand sofa from the British Heart Foundation. (I could quite easily have bought a new one but clearly thought I deserved something horrible.) Not only did I realise what a terrible error I’d made when it arrived - it stank and there were hair grips and fag ends down the back - but somebody had clearly died of an overdose on it before the house clearance brigade was summoned and it was HAUNTED :shock:

Last edited:
This is why WINCEYETTE is such a BOON.

Warm, stylish, and you get velcroed by any pubic outcropping or body hair :disco:

Reactions: COB
I love my memory foam pillow. It came with a quilted protector. Quite, the luxury really.

Our Egyptian cotton bedsheets were LOVELY, but they tore on a WHIM. Waste of MUCH EXPENSE.
Oh I do love a quilted pillow protector. I think mine are from IKEA and they’re surprisingly acceptable. Probably because they don’t directly touch skin and therefore don’t sandpaper it off :disco:

I personally don’t mind someone thinking GREEDY FAT CUNT when I’m ordering food at IKEA as it is after all an alternative universe and everyone forgets what happened the minute they leave (including the halfway point nervous breakdown) :disco:

Chips for me please mum :)

(I swear I have never called the IKEA dinnerladies mum)
“The IKEA dinnerladies” :D

I bet you HAVE! Actually the IKEA restaurants I’ve visited most recently have been staffed solely by men. “NICE BIG PORTION FOR ME PLEASE DAD.” :disco:

• Love
Reactions: COB
In SWEDISH MEATBALL NEWS, I can reveal that Tesco's 'Swedish Style' meatballs are rather lovely. Although I expect there are many others here better placed than me to comment on their authenticity :sweden:

In SWEDISH MEATBALL NEWS, I can reveal that Tesco's 'Swedish Style' meatballs are rather lovely. Although I expect there are many others here better placed than me to comment on their authenticity :sweden:
The frozen IKEA ones are awful. My lovely oven tray was a fatty mess. It’s the sort of nasty “treat” which only works in context

QUITE. A McDonalds Deliveroo does NOT WORK as it doesn’t TRAVEL and becomes inedible about 4 mins after it’s ‘cooked’.
It also feels like the sort of thing which shouldn’t be eaten at home. Which might suggest that it really shouldn’t be eaten AT ALL but I’ll have a triple cheeseburger please

God their fries are AWFUL. Where else sells LIMP FRIES?

QUITE. A McDonalds Deliveroo does NOT WORK as it doesn’t TRAVEL and becomes inedible about 4 mins after it’s ‘cooked’.
Based on my observations in their “restaurants” it’s probably been sat round gathering dust at their end for about 15 MINUTES before it’s even collected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom