The Israel-Gaza War

could it be that he "laughed" about other points made in the post, and not necessarily laughing at the children dying bit? can someone kindly refer to the post in question?

could it be that he "laughed" about other points made in the post, and not necessarily laughing at the children dying bit? can someone kindly refer to the post in question?

Here’s one of the posts he laughed at. No comment made just a photo. But I’m sure you’ll be able to tell us the hilarious point we missed.

So you combed through the last few pages of Voodoo's posts AND what they were replies to, but missed the multiple people calling out his behaviour?

As if.

i focused on their posts, not necessarily all the ones they replied to.

If I had it my way, I'd have any pro-Israel hostility shut down in an instant. But I'm not a mod and they're having to balance a range of views on a deeply sensitive topic.

I know they're tolerating a lot of posts that most of the team find unpalatable, because they're trying to be as balanced and fair as possible. While I'm often out of favour with the mod team, I think they've found an excellent method in dealing with this topic and are therefore doing a good job here.

The intent of actions of the account(s) in question were deliberately provocative. They were far from innocent.

Antagonistic Behaviour
Here’s one of the posts he laughed at. No comment made just a photo. But I’m sure you’ll be able to tell us the hilarious point we missed.

oh dear. it's clearly deranged to laugh at this picture.

@Voodoo wtf? do explain if this was a mistake or if you believe the destruction of Gaza is "funny"?

otherwise, besides this idiocy, your other posts have been a breath of fresh air in this hot mess of a Hamas-approved thread :BList:

oh dear. it's clearly deranged to laugh at this picture.

@Voodoo wtf? do explain if this was a mistake or if you believe the destruction of Gaza is "funny"?

otherwise, besides this idiocy, your other posts have been a breath of fresh air in this hot mess of a Hamas-approved thread :BList:

Nobody at all has expressed anything close to support for Hamas.

We are not unequivocally anti-Jewish, one of the mod team is Jewish. There is a strong outpouring of concern about the treatment of innocent people in Palestine, which it is disingenuous to equate with being pro-Hamas. Please don't.

have i said anyone here has expressed support for Hamas?

:BList:

This must be a hamas approved thread for another reason then.

the constant spreading of narratives and information that Hamas manufactures, not because anyone here "supports Hamas"

the constant spreading of narratives and information that Hamas manufactures, not because anyone here "supports Hamas"

Have thousands of Palestinian women and children been killed by the state of Israel since October 7th or not?

The reason a lot of content comes from so called Hamas approved sources, much like on the rest of the Internet, is that there's pretty much no international free press operating there.

Have thousands of Palestinian women and children been killed by the state of Israel since October 7th or not?

they have, and it is tragic.

this discourse however is missing the main character:

1. Gaza/Hamas ignited this war with Israel by slaughtering 1,200 people and kidnapping 200 Israelis
2. Hamas has promised to repeat October 7 over and over again

the incessant pretence that Hamas doesn't exist/has nothing to do with the tragedy in Gaza, plays into the hands of Hamas propaganda machine.

you want me banned, don't you?

Honestly think you want this yourself. We've asked in the first post for the conversation to remain civil, factual and productive.

Being deliberately provocative and argumentative for the sake of it is not productive.

1. Gaza/Hamas ignited this war with Israel by slaughtering 1,200 people and kidnapping 200 Israelis

the incessant pretence that Hamas doesn't exist/has nothing to do with the tragedy in Gaza, plays into the hands of Hamas propaganda machine.

And for what its worth, I think most people share the view that Hamas has the blood of Palestinians on its hands too. That doesn't make the current actions of the IDF any more justifiable.

Nobody in this thread has ever - to my knowledge - come close to denying that the Hamas attack on October 7th was an abomination, or expressed any support for Hamas' stated goals of further attacking Israel's citizens.

As I posted earlier in the thread, Israel has the full armour of the Western world behind them. A response involving upping their defenses and making targeted and forensic attacks to destabilise and weaken Hamas would have had broad support and sympathy. But that isn't the approach being taken, and instead the Israeli government and military have unleashed a terrible humanitarian crisis, and frankly, lost the battle of public opinion in the process.

To think I'd never heard of Hamas or October 7th before Joanne mentioned it. Now I have a full understanding of the whole thing. To think I just thought Israel were a military machine who historically repressed Palestinians on their own land at every opportunity, outnumbering them on every measure.

Nobody in this thread has ever - to my knowledge - come close to denying that the Hamas attack on October 7th was an abomination, or expressed any support for Hamas' stated goals of further attacking Israel's citizens.
As I posted earlier in the thread, Israel has the full armour of the Western world behind them. A response involving upping their defenses and making targeted and forensic attacks to destabilise and weaken Hamas would have had broad support and sympathy. But that isn't the approach being taken, and instead the Israeli government and military have unleashed a terrible humanitarian crisis, and frankly, lost the battle of public opinion in the process.

and what of the hostages?

notice how the first part of your post condemns Hamas, and then the latter part of your post almost unknowingly disassociates from them and how tricky their warfare is. "upping their defenses and making targeted forensic attacks" would neither destabilise nor weaken Hamas. Israel has been bombing the hell out of Gazas for 6 months and Hamas has still not been defeated.

if Gaza was a city in the UK that had the same genocidal existential vision of "murdering all Brits whatever the price may be," with its terrorist regime hiding well under tunnels with hostages, would the UK's reaction be any less destructive than Israel's? i hardly think so.

To think I'd never heard of Hamas or October 7th before Joanne mentioned it. Now I have a full understanding of the whole thing.

pleased to remind! evidently it's quite easy to forget or swoosh past

and what of the hostages?

notice how the first part of your post condemns Hamas, and then the latter part of your post almost unknowingly disassociates from them and how tricky their warfare is. "upping their defenses and making targeted forensic attacks" would neither destabilise nor weaken Hamas.

Not disassociating from it at all, but as you acknowledge yourself, the current Israeli government/military campaign is not working. The hostages have not been freed. How many Palestinian children need to die?

Israel has been bombing the hell out of Gazas for 6 months and Hamas has still not been defeated.

Exactly. Not only is the current campaign unfathomably cruel, it is demonstrably ineffective.

if Gaza was a city in the UK that had the same genocidal existential vision of "murdering all Brits whatever the price may be," with its terrorist regime hiding well under tunnels with hostages, would the UK's reaction be any less destructive than Israel's? i hardly think so.

The UK was hit by several terrorist attacks by the Irish Republican Army in the late twentieth century. Many innocent civilians died. The UK government's response was far from perfect, but if they'd reacted by carpet bombing Northern Ireland and killing/displacing thousands of women and children, history would look very different right now.

the assumption that a passive response to a death cult - that has massacred 1,200 and holds 200 Israelis as hostage - would be more effective than bombing the terrorist bases is naive at best.

the current campaign is ineffective because it's not unchallenging to eradicate terrorists who hide in tunnels. ANY campaign is doomed to be ineffective, because Gaza's main demand is for the Jews to leave.

Last edited:
the assumption that a passive response to a death cult - that has massacred 1,200 and holds 200 Israelis as hostage - would be more effective than bombing the terrorist bases is naive at best.

the current campaign is ineffective because it's not unchallenging to eradicate terrorists who hide under tunnels. ANY campaign is doomed to be ineffective, because Gaza's main demand is for the Jews to leave.

Ok, so the thousands of women and children dead and starving in Gaza are just an unfortunate but acceptable collateral damage. Thanks for clarifying!

Joanne is literally just going around in circles now creating new narratives to reinforce the belief that moopy has an anti-Jewish agenda. Skim read, ignore the facts, provoke further arguments.

So, pretty much like every pro-Israeli government person I see replying on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter….

I think he thinks he’s coming across as a purveyor of truth, exposing some deep rooted prejudice across the site. But it just makes him look more and more desperate.

A shame, because he seems like a nice poster everywhere else away from this thread.

It's the selective quoting that shows up the weakness of the argument. Among other things.

Selective quoting is a big one.

It doesn’t really matter though - you can tell he thinks he’s being really clever in his challenges, but then he goes and says things like “this Hamas approved thread”, and just undermines his entire argument.

So we’re back to square one. Fine me a genuine reason to question my opinions, etc.

Still waiting.

Ok, so the thousands of women and children dead and starving in Gaza are just unfortunate but acceptable collateral damage. Thanks for clarifying!

never said that. the death of innocent people is horrid and unacceptable.

Joanne is literally just going around in circles now creating new narratives to reinforce the belief that moopy has an anti-Jewish agenda. Skim read, ignore the facts, provoke further arguments.

So, pretty much like every pro-Israeli government person I see replying on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter….

I think he thinks he’s coming across as a purveyor of truth, exposing some deep rooted prejudice across the site. But it just makes him look more and more desperate.

A shame, because he seems like a nice poster everywhere else away from this thread.

i don't think Moopy members "have an anti-Jewish agenda". people have the right to resist and detest regimes that indiscriminately massacre innocent human beings. Israel is fallible, like any other country.

i hoped calling the thread Hamas-approved would make the girls laugh

i did not expect this much anger

mariah-carey.gif

well of course i wrote it to provoke too. welcome to the internet.

there is a clear and strong pro-Palestine bias in this thread that i like to poke fun at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom