The Little Mermaid (Remake)

GNL

It's pronounced Ginnél

Live action version of The Little Mermaid starring Halle Bailey of Halle x Chloe (or is it Chloe x Halle?) fame coming May 2023.

I'm not really into all these live action remakes personally but good for Disney hiring someone who can sing to do a musical for once.

Last edited:
Is this FINALLY happening? The production history is more entertaining than anything the film could possibly muster.

My interest is piqued because Lin-Manuel Miranda has written several songs and Melissa McCarthy and Daveed Diggs are involved. :disco:

Not a fan of the underwater singing effect though.

My interest is piqued because Lin-Manuel Miranda has written several songs .
Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

I have resigned myself that this is not in any way shape or form aimed at me, so I will watch with curiosity and be pleasantly surprised if it’s any better than that Lion King abomination.

I heard a LQ recording of the full version of Part Of Your World, and she really does have a gorgeous voice for it.

The whole film rests on the casting of Ursula, and the performance of These Unfortunate Souls.

I’ll give Melissa the benefit, but it clearly should have been either Octavia Spencer or an actual drag queen.

Also, I can’t see them not toning down this iconic scene SIGNIFICANTLY

Have they confirmed the King Triton casting? This is very important.

And Lin-Manuel himself doing the voice of the Chef, which is also HMMM.

Ugh he’s gonna ruin an iconic song. Stick to directing plz.

It's probably the second most important song of the film. And very difficult to pull off with photo-real animation - that scene is meant to be pure farce.

I’m surprised they’re keeping the Chef at all, as I imagine it’s considered mildly problematic. I guess it’ll be heavily retooled.

Love that the original was voiced by Odo from DS9. RANGE!

• Love
Reactions: COB
What the French are gonna complain? They can kick rocks

• Haha
Reactions: VoR
I can't see it not being a pale imitation of the animated version, because every single other live action version has been too.

Add in LMM, and it's going to be UNWATCHABLE.

I’ll need to see a longer trailer but it looks fine. Ursula is gonna be much more difficult, she’s too iconic.

Why is everything so DIM? Are they trying to save money on their leccy bill?

This one looks the most like terrible cosplay of the lot. That scene with Ursula could have been shot straight from the musical :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom