The Little Mermaid (Remake)

Love that they made the bold creative decision to make Javier Bardem's Tritan a WHORE.

I think Ariel and her songs are not the issue. It just everything else, Flounder looks disturbing, Ursula is blah etc

img_2_1682778225119.jpg

:shock:

I'm thankful the lack of lighting largely obscures the horrible CGI animals.

Also, I shouldn't laugh because it's Trump, but:

:D

Well this looks bad, it feels like it was shot inside with fake plants.

It's a good thing she has acting as a back up in case music doesn't work out :basil:

universal critical raves for Halle Bailey in this

people are much more mixed on the film itself (the cg looks so shit!) but at least she's going to become a STAR :disco:

So the headline here is:

"‘The Little Mermaid’ First Reactions Praise Halle Bailey’s ‘ASTONISHING’ Ariel, Question if Remake Lives Up to Animated Original"

and yet the word "astonishing", supposedly a quotation, doesn't appear ANYWHERE in the cited reviews :eyes:

Last edited:
Take the most iconic villain song and make it drab

Yeah the whole soundtrack is out. Meh

No Les Poissons

:o Surely there is going to be backlash to this? They do understand there is a generation of people who grew up with this soundtrack - one of Disney’s best collection of songs from a single movie

I bet they wouldn’t do this to Frozen!

:o Surely there is going to be backlash to this? They do understand there is a generation of people who grew up with this soundtrack - one of Disney’s best collection of songs from a single movie

I bet they wouldn’t do this to Frozen!
I think Aladdin and Beauty and The Beast have an overall a stronger set of songs, and they did it to them.

I bet they WILL do it to Frozen maybe on its 20th anniversary.

Having endured the Beauty & The Beast and Lion King remakes, I made peace from day one with the fact that this is not for me and was never supposed to be.

Still a shame to see it seemingly so neutered though.

The BUZZ is very good on this

Best live action remake etc

Having endured the Beauty & The Beast and Lion King remakes, I made peace from day one with the fact that this is not for me and was never supposed to be.

Still a shame to see it seemingly so neutered though.
Good thing is they all seem to be instantly forgotten after release.

It’s truly actually - they make a ton of money at the time and then seemingly vanish into insignificance after. The originals and (some of) the Pixars have much better staying power

Yeah that's such a good point. I sat through both those horrors and have next to zero recollection of either. And would just think of the animated versions if you say the title to me.

Very mixed reviews coming in, mostly praising Halle and Melissa.

2hrs 15 minutes long, nearly 50 minutes longer than the animated version!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom