UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

Most people can walk into somewhere without getting boo’ed AT ALL so saying there’s more cheers than boo’s still isn’t actually any good :D
To be fair to Nadine, she’s herself probably isn’t ‘most people’ in this context :D

the system being that only Brady himself (not even his office staff) knows when the 54 has been hit is so fucked up and open to corruption :D where are the checks and balances sis?!

Even the BBC are claiming they expect Graham Brady to announce it in the next few minutes.

I suppose we’ll never know whether the threshold was reached before or after the booing incident, but they’re also near-certain to lose the Wakefield by election (currently twenty points behind!) which is probably also making a lot of the less secure MPs very nervous.

How quickly could this move from now? I’d LOVE for him to have a shorter tenure than Theresa, but there’s only a few days left aren’t there?

Yeah I’m torn between the delicious humiliation of him losing and the strategic victory of him limping on.

Either way though, I doubt whoever replaces him will do much to turn things around. Sunak is tainted, Gove’s a repellent little freak, Truss is a laughing stock…

Even if he wins, I expect it will be narrowly (probably less of a margin than May) - he will limp on for a while, they will lose both by-elections, and he’ll be out by the end of the year. The idea of being ‘safe for a year’ isn’t likely to hold in reality but as always events etc…

I thought Johnson would remain PM until a replacement is chosen, unless he chose to leave straight away?

I thought Johnson would remain PM until a replacement is chosen, unless he chose to leave straight away?
He would lose the party leadership upon the defeat and cease to be PM.

He would lose the party leadership upon the defeat and cease to be PM.
He isn't technically PM because he is the leader of the party. He is PM because he has the confidence of the house (and the Queen). So I think there is leeway to leave him in place if the party so choose. And if he refused to go, they'd need to no confidence him in the house.

Does Swedish politics ever get this messy? :D (Aside from that one who got shot)

Normally no, but the last four years have been such a circus. As Kratz mentioned, we have another crisis as we speak now and our Mighty Magdalena has threatened to resign if one of her ministers gets a mjority against him tomorrow.

Reactions: VoR
Jeremy Hunt currently the bookies favourite to be next prime minister.

These things never play out as you expect, but that would be a turnout for the books.

One thing I’ve noticed talking to my Tory-voting family (:gross:) over the past few weeks is that they would want him to resign but the lack of a suitable alternative means they want him to stay on. I did keep wondering if they we’re going to put the two together and realise ALL TORIES ARE CUNTS but CLEARLY NOT.

Ben Wallace is currently top of the Conservative Home monthly poll. He could be an interesting dark horse.

Jeremy Hunt currently the bookies favourite to be next prime minister.

These things never play out as you expect, but that would be a turnout for the books.

Andrea Leadsom trying to avoid past mistakes and plotting INFANTICIDE as we speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom