Tokyo 2020 - Day 14 (Fri 6th August)

Indie

Adminisistrater
Earliest start ever.

They've been doing the 50k walk for an hour now. Such a stupid sport.

It’s also the one men’s athletics event that doesn’t have a women equivalent.

(Also the longest distance athletics event - a good pub quiz chestnut).

Last edited:
Daley doing better. I’d forgotten just how many failures there are in preliminaries.

I obviously know nothing about this event but that looked ridiculously good.

We move from 6th to 4th on the medal table, leapfrogging Australia and ROC.

I've got the medal ceremony music stuck in my head, despite not having heard it for about 5 days. ARGH

This German pentathlete is utterly distraught. Record breaking lead, but then she lost the horse lottery completely. Stupid sport.

I suspect we won't see that horse in the Men's event. But, on the plus side, all of the competitors will have ample supplies of glue.

The horse to join Madsen in the cunt of the Olympics contest.

The horse just didn’t make a connection with its rider and didn’t trust in her, though he’s got some form apparently.It’s odd they get allocated horses. I thought the reign yanking and whipping was a bit much.

And it’s Swimming/Swordy/Horse-lottery/Laser-tag/Running GOLD!

How exactly do you get into the modern pentathlon? Are there clubs?
There are clubs, although they mostly seem to be based at public schools, Oxford and Cambridge Universities, and Sandhurst.

Must resist posting about Nick Hope in the thirst thread.

Keep finding myself shocked at the harsh punishment doled out to the cheating Russians. The horror of being allowed to compete but only if they add two extra words to their name.
They were punished in a few individual sports too: e.g. only ten ROC athletes allowed in the Athletics and only two weightlifters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom