Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean

Oh I’m glad for #justice #finally for The Wrong Band. I was a bit hard on The Beekeeper too but it’s because I associate it with an awful viral illness I had for three weeks starting the day it was released and my boyfriend kept putting it on for me while I rested in bed thinking I’d want to have it played on a loop.

What are her 3 favourite albums in her own back catalogue (mine was somewhat similar). She dodged it and didn’t really answer. So I’m glad I went with something else!
Ah it's just the sort of question I love. Did she say they're all her girls or something similar?

She's spoken before about how she sees Scarlet as the album she'd like to be remembered for 🤗

8D1393E5-A75D-4577-8D6F-CEBD3E2AADFA.jpeg

Just in case anyone doubts the authenticity! I’m not a fake jezebel okrrr

Oh I’m glad for #justice #finally for The Wrong Band. I was a bit hard on The Beekeeper too but it’s because I associate it with an awful viral illness I had for three weeks starting the day it was released and my boyfriend kept putting it on for me while I rested in bed thinking I’d want to have it played on a loop.
Oh God. It's like I associate All Saints' first album with eating a dodgy pot noodle. Well, kind of like that

Ah it's just the sort of question I love. Did she say they're all her girls or something similar?

She's spoken before about how she sees Scarlet as the album she'd like to be remembered for 🤗
She talked about Scarlet too a bit and Strange Little Tour.

Also the scrapped album and she said she won’t release any of the songs :(

As for being remembered (in the UK) despite Under The Pink being her #1 album I think it’ll be Earthquakes then Pele she’s remembered for.

Chart update for those of you interested:

The QUEEN OF POP Tori Amos returns to the internet gay charts with 'Spies', No. 3 with a bullet on the internet gay club dance/play chart, while on the mainstream internet gay pop chart she moves in with 'Metal Water Wood' at No. 13 and 'Devil's Bane' at 27. Meanwhile, 'Speaking With Trees' holds steady for a second week at No. 1 extending the Queen of Pop's reign this year.

Last edited:
I’m so pleased she’s topped the chart that matters. The internet gay chart. Is that compiled by popjustice loons? They need to sticker the album with this brand new info ASAP. I didn’t realise Spies was a club hit, all the cool kids most be lapping it up.

I’m so pleased she’s topped the chart that matters. The internet gay chart. Is that popjustice loons? I didn’t realise Spies was a club hit, all the cool kids most be lapping it up.
It's the Suedey chart based on musings from Mopsy & other Internet forums, social media and general gay boy* 'chat' (Provence gays may or may not also be included but the weighting is somewhat random - @Christian )

* I say 'boy' but we are all inclusive and certainly the internet gay chart includes contribution from everyone in the LGBTQIA+ community.

Last edited:
Did Natalie enter at #1 on that chart recently with her album or was that in the over 30s gay men only subsection?

In other news, I am afraid my Tori Top Fifty may have to be postponed until further notice because there are a fair few songs on Ocean To Ocean that may threaten the chart and I feel I need more gestational time and for the loonery / lunacy (delete as appropriate even though they are probably interchangeable?) over the new girls to subside and settle.

I’m not ready to commit to opinions yet until I’ve had the chance to lie listlessly on the sofa with the lyric book but Birthday Baby is the one that seems to be worming it’s way into my brain first. This does not mean it’s my favourite.

And I found this Guardian interview interesting. Whilst I'm very sad somebody as lovely as Tori suffered from depression, selfishly it seems to have resulted in her most cohesive and best written album in a long time :basil: MORE personal misery PLEASE!

And I found this Guardian interview interesting. Whilst I'm very sad somebody as lovely as Tori suffered from depression, selfishly it seems to have resulted in her most cohesive and best written album in a long time :basil: MORE personal misery PLEASE!

Don't worry, I'm sure @jivafox already has a plan to take down Tash before the next album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom