Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean

I’d forgotten about Tash until I read a comment on Facebook

Margaret Thompson Reaction GIF by Real Housewives of Jersey

Sorry to blather on about it, but the random birthday song on the end reminds me of when I saw the GOLD DUST ORCHESTRAL TOUR where Tori back came on at the end to do an encore of...

Christmas carol 'STAR of WONDER'
New Year ANTHEM 'Our New YEAR'
...and fan fave 'PROGRAMMABLE SODA' :basil:

Despite it being OCTOBER, and the tour having absolutely zero festive connection outside the BIZARRE encore CHOICES!

I remember walking out being really rather CONFUSED :D

It seems Tori said at the Rough Trade event that the European tour with be solo and the US tour with band. It makes sense given the difficulties of international travel, but still gutted we'll miss out on a band tour, having not had one since 2009

It seems Tori said at the Rough Trade event that the European tour with be solo and the US tour with band. It makes sense given the difficulties of international travel, but still gutted we'll miss out on a band tour, having not had one since 2009
@RJN to attend US tour as our delegate and representative, please

What did you ask??
What music did she listen to during lockdown.. I know it’s silly but my question got asked by someone else.

Anyway she said mostly 60s music because it has a magical quality and she likes the escapism.

Also she told us some fun stories about how the label reacted to Pele. And also that Swim to New York was difficult to record. She mentioned Beenie as well and Mary too, so lots of emotional bits there. Also Honey and The Wrong Band and how she’s been a bit unfair on the latter. Oh and how The Beekeeper had a rough ride when it was first released but she knows that it’s getting more love these days so I think she must read this forum @jivafox !!!

What music did she listen to during lockdown.. I know it’s silly but my question got asked by someone else.

Anyway she said mostly 60s music because it has a magical quality and she likes the escapism.

Also she told us some fun stories about how the label reacted to Pele. And also that Swim to New York was difficult to record. She mentioned Beenie as well and Mary too, so lots of emotional bits there. Also Honey and The Wrong Band and how she’s been a bit unfair on the latter. Oh and how The Beekeeper had a rough ride when it was first released but she knows that it’s getting more love these days so I think she must read this forum @jivafox !!!
That sounds wonderful! People on the Facebook pages had actually been criticising her for not having mentioned Beanie so far in interviews 🙄

I'm glad she sees the Beekeeper love! I know I have a reputation but I actually love that album and it was my first album release

Spies
Ugh such a bop

It’s been in my head all day thanks to @AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA and the iconic Alex dancing gifs (which originally were associated with Pj’s “The Letter”). Anyway she mentioned Spies as well.

They’re going to need more rehearsal time she said for this tour as they’ve not been on the road in a while but she’s already thinking of songs from the catalogue to revisit. Choirgirl and YKTR both got mentioned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom