UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

8EDD8E66-68F8-4546-BE68-FAACEA73F900.jpeg

Getting rid of Johnson won't do shit, in many ways if we aren't having an election any time soon its better to keep him IN to do as much damage as possible - especially in the face of such weak opposition from Starmer. Angela Rayner must be being kept under a MUZZLE! More than ever before this party, and government are rotten and evil and it goes much, much deeper than just Boris.

Dominic Raab taking over in Johnson's place, for example, would be EVEN WORSE as to the average man he has a veneer of stateman-like competence. It's really quite chilling to consider things could get any worse in British politics, but it clearly CAN.

Angela is what Labour really needs right now, and you can be sure she wouldn't turn in a LIMP LETTUCE PMQs performance, especially with so much material to play with. It would be a decimation.

Have Labour not seen the WORLDWIDE TREND for young(ish), outspoken female leadership. The Finnish PM got done for going CLUBBING during COVID the other day.

I honestly don't pay attention to any polling. I've long since decided that the UK public are a fickle bunch that will follow any good story if you lead them to it, whether it's true or not.

Question Time is fun tonight. Tories not getting a look-in and they clearly couldn't source any Tory party members willing to pretend to be audience members for this shitshow.

I feel like nothing right now is sticking but this. Good.

I'm still not convinced of the long term effects, but I can't say that the whole week hasn't been pure entertainment. Watching the Tories writhe and second guess, and get roasted at every turn is so much fun.

I'm still not convinced of the long term effects, but I can't say that the whole week hasn't been pure entertainment. Watching the Tories writhe and second guess, and get roasted at every turn is so much fun.
I got used to the inevitability of Tory scandals being swept under the carpet, but this feels different. This is the first time in years I've seen the public and mainstream media aligned to this extent.

I almost don't want him to resign because he's doing more damage with every passing second he remains in post.

North Shropshire is critical. If a 24k majority turns into a defeat then it may by curtains for Boris before not too long. You would certainly expect a flurry of 1922 letters (a high profile cabinet resignation is unlikely but you never know). He’ll be gone if and when required - the instinct of that party to survive is very strong and the real test for the opposition is how to handle a new leader who will look to reset the narrative.

It’s hard to imagine any of this cabinet resigning in protest. It’s such a weak cabinet. Gove maybe, but I doubt he’s willing to go down as the person who stabbed Johnson in the back twice.

I’m amazed at Paul Scully doing the rounds this morning trying to argue there were alleged gatherings last year and not parties.

Because a party would have had balloons and poppers. :side-eye:

It’s hard to imagine any of this cabinet resigning in protest. It’s such a weak cabinet. Gove maybe, but I doubt he’s willing to go down as the person who stabbed Johnson in the back twice.

He's basically filled his cabinet with nodding dogs.

CHURCHILLIAN.

I wonder who'll be Johnson's Geoffrey Howe? Patel, maybe? Not Truss if she's limbering up for a leadership bid. I'm semi-expecting a doozy of a story in a Sunday paper this week, enough to finish him.

I’ve always thought that Cummings must have something major up his sleeve because he’s been awfully quiet last few months, and was saving it until Boris was vulnerable.

Time to polish the axe and do something valuable for once you odious little twerp!

Actually Cummings would make sense - it's a bit "I made you and so I can destroy you" but I think Cummings is cartoonish enough for a narrative like that.

I’ve just come in from the pub and immediately put iPlayer on.

Have I Got News For You has been hit and miss for the last couple of decades but I have a HUNCH it might be one of the better ones this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom