UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

On the endless "cut-through" debate, I am really enjoying the juxtaposition of these two screenshots

Reactions: COB
And now another Tory MP claiming it's the arrogance of the senior civil service that has landed the PM in this mess. :goodgrief:

Tories in a nutshell. "How dare you tell people that lockdown rules and the law were being broken?" The telling is seen as the bigger crime than the activity.

Tossers.

(seriously feeling the frustration of Twitter being blocked at work right now...)

Every person that was there should fucking resign. It won’t be hard to find out who.
Considering it was a BYOB event, surely the police at Downing Street might have been suspicious that all those people arriving around the same time might not have been there on business purposes.

This absolute fuckwit :D

omg :D I'd put on my hay fork frown but my jaw has dropped so low at the LUDICROUSNESS of her answer that my face physically can't make the expression

are these thickos actual human beings? y'know, WITH BRAINS?

I feel slightly embarrassed now but not as embarrassed as Boris should feel!

My ideal 'Boris resigns' scenario would be Boris being forced out, a new leader being ushered in, and BOOM Pippa from The Mirror has a picture of them at a rave to celebrate Prince Phil's passing.

So he's 'apologising' for an ill-thought work-related event. FUCK OFF.

that isn't even the worst part of the non-apology to me. it's the "even if it could be said technically to fall within the guidance, there would be millions and millions of people who simply would not see it that way". it's simply gross to manipulate the focus like that

that isn't even the worst part of the non-apology to me. it's the "even if it could be said technically to fall within the guidance, there would be millions and millions of people who simply would not see it that way". it's simply gross to manipulate the focus like that
Us plebs really keep getting things wrong don’t we.

Referree-cum-MSP-cum-MP-cum-Scottish Tory leader Douglas Ross has denounced Johnson and confirms he’s sending a 1922 letter.

Obvs Cilla deserved to die etc but I'm finding this obsession with the parties a bit of a red herring (have people just clocked that there's two lanes in society!??). The lying is of course APPALLING and hopefully it'll be this cunt's undoing but this whole narrative of I WAS AT HOME ON 20TH MAY WATCHING PAINT DRY WHILE HE WAS BOOZING IT UP IN A GARDEN is a bit convenient and somewhat disingenuous.

The High Court finding "unlawful" all those PPE contracts that were fast-tracked to all their mates should be the real breaking story today. Using public money to profit from an emergency situation during a pandemic? Now to me that kind of crony disaster capitalism IS a RESIGNING MATTER.

Obvs Cilla deserved to die etc but I'm finding this obsession with the parties a bit of a red herring (have people just clocked that there's two lanes in society!??). The lying is of course APPALLING and hopefully it'll be this cunt's undoing but this whole narrative of I WAS AT HOME ON 20TH MAY WATCHING PAINT DRY WHILE HE WAS BOOZING IT UP IN A GARDEN is a bit convenient and somewhat disingenuous.

The High Court finding "unlawful" all those PPE contracts that were fast-tracked to all their mates should be the real breaking story today. Using public money to profit from an emergency situation during a pandemic? Now to me that kind of crony disaster capitalism IS a RESIGNING MATTER.
Considering the level of policing the government was enforcing on people at the time - and considering the likes of Matt Hancock were saying people like Prof Neil Ferguson should be facing actual prison time for breaking the rules - I don't think it's a red herring at all.

"Government really obviously, provably and transparently lies its face off to your face, and in contradiction of the same rules they were imposing on others" is a valid thing for people to get pissed off about and I find it baffling that there's a tendency on the left that acts like it isn't a real story or in some way trivial, especially when BOTH TIMES it's happened this way (along with Barnard Castle) have been a huge part of the undoing of this government's popularity.

I'm not saying it's not a real story, I'm saying he's LIED THROUGH HIS TEETH plenty of times before with matters related and not related to the pandemic and suddenly this party is the bit where people go ENOUGH IS ENOUGH? The guy has allowed his chums to make millions out of a pandemic, unchecked. How is that not a much bigger story?

I'm not saying it's not a real story, I'm saying he's LIED THROUGH HIS TEETH plenty of times before with matters related and not related to the pandemic and suddenly this party is the bit where people go ENOUGH IS ENOUGH? The guy has allowed his chums to make millions out of a pandemic, unchecked. How is that not a much bigger story?
It’s what sticks with the public, I think. This is a story that’s unified the left and right - the left are furious with a prime minister we never wanted, the right are furious at lending their support to someone who’s treated them with such contempt. The Tories have done far worse than this, but there will always be apologists for those incidents, or people won't care because they don't feel like it affects them personally. This cuts through on the most fundamental level - we have a leader we can't trust and who considers us beneath him.

I think there's also a sort of implied understanding that abusing the system to make their pals money is just what Tories DO, even from people who support and vote for them.

Just let him die.

tumblr_n8b4yjwIXa1qb5qxmo4_250.gif

It’s what sticks with the public, I think. This is a story that’s unified the left and right - the left are furious with a prime minister we never wanted, the right are furious at lending their support to someone who’s treated them with such contempt. The Tories have done far worse than this, but there will always be apologists for those incidents, or people won't care because they don't feel like it affects them personally. This cuts through on the most fundamental level - we have a leader we can't trust and who considers us beneath him.

That's unfortunate, but fair. I just find it all so CURTAIN-TWITCHING and not seeing the forest for the trees, and I hold all the papers and broadcasters who are now looking into the shenanigans at no.10 responsible too - where was that FORENSIC (what a word :eyes: ) eye for detail when all the OTHER stuff was happening. People can only be outraged at what they know and are presented with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom