United Kingdom 2023: Mae Muller - I Wrote a Song

How will it do?

• Total voters
The best thing if it does end up being Rina is that we genuinely wouldn't know what kind of song we'd be getting. Pop bangers, ballads, R&B, metal - she's done it all :disco:

I guess, after six months of not being able to watch BBC for five minutes without Sam Ryder appearing, and the extra attention a home show will bring, we have more reason to be optimistic this year of someone competent.
This. The amount of plugging the BBC gave Sam Ryder really ought to have been a clarion call to most artists that there's not really such a thing as being 'above' Eurovision anymore if they want the kind of PR only Adele-type money can buy these days.

Rina would be a godsend, but I did also enjoy the sleuthy suggestion by @Pingu that Jessie Ware still hasn't released a followup to Free Yourself after six months, which was meant to be opening a new era...

Rina would be a godsend, but I did also enjoy the sleuthy suggestion by @Pingu that Jessie Ware still hasn't released a followup to Free Yourself after six months, which was meant to be opening a new era...

Sweet Jess(us) that would be just perfect. I feel certain she'd do it as well...which I base on fuck all.

Despite not taking off to the wider public, many of her songs do straddle the borders of gay interest AND accessible mass appeal. And with that voice too, well...

My expectations are still not sky high - Space Man was almost entirely sold on Sam's performance and voice. The song is...fine. As they're unlikely to match that vocally this year whoever they pick, someone had better be going hard on the song...

Sweet Jess(us) that would be just perfect. I feel certain she'd do it as well...which I base on fuck all.

Despite not taking off to the wider public, many of her songs do straddle the borders of gay interest AND accessible mass appeal. And with that voice too, well...
I think we can easily get a Jessie TYPE who is well known and well experienced, but still has the potential to have their popularity lifted to that next level by doing something like this and the attention that goes with it.

The one thing that's slightly stopping me from going all in with my Jessie prediction (apart from the fact it could be literally anyone at this stage) is that I've never got the impression she's particularly bothered about being a megastar and appearing on a different TV show every week etc.

Would the promise of Sam Ryder levels of saturation really sell it to her?

Kimberley Walsh is yet to release the follow up to ‘Centre Stage’. Just saying.

I liked Sam being unknown to most of us as he posted his journey and kept the eurofans updated on socials with his PR, busking and pre-parties and it was actually kind of cute.

I hope they send someone who actually likes Eurovision.

I liked Sam being unknown to most of us as he posted his journey and kept the eurofans updated on socials with his PR, busking and pre-parties and it was actually kind of cute.

I hope they send someone who actually likes Eurovision.
Do you like Sam Ryder?

All this Rina and Jessie talk is hugely exciting, but I'd rather it be a genuinely talented unknown again, I think.

There must be loads of new talent around that we haven’t heard about yet. TAP like to take credit for Sam’s success so they might choose someone unknown.

F6224FA3-A3B4-471B-ADA4-8A1687557167.jpeg

If its Jessie Ware, her mum can guarantee success by inviting the national juries 'round for a lovely baba ghanoush.

Luke Baldwin (one of the directors for Eurovision 2023) and Ben from Tap Music follow Rina on Instagram sjshdudidkdj.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom