Upper Crust - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

What do you think of this ICONIC BAKERY

• Total voters
I’ve not been able to have a Greggs pasty since years and years ago, I got a chicken one and it was FILLED WITH WOOD CHIPS.

I was so young I just complained and got a refund. I probably could have got a lot more.
Get that on Tripadvisor!

‘Choked on wood chips but tables well wiped - 3 stars’

I know it's the done thing to think cheap and cheerful Greggs is wonderful

But their savoury food is fucking disgusting

Every single time I have a memory lapse and opt for a steak bake, I am rewarded with cold cold cold congealed gristle that cannot be chewed.

The cakes are OK I guess, but you can get just as good in Lidl for cheaper

I know it's the done thing to think cheap and cheerful Greggs is wonderful

But their savoury food is fucking disgusting

Every single time I have a memory lapse and opt for a steak bake, I am rewarded with cold cold cold congealed gristle that cannot be chewed.

The cakes are OK I guess, but you can get just as good in Lidl for cheaper
Pumpkin BOT

Put a ‘lid’ on it (or if you’re at Pumpkin…don’t! :D )

The Greggs savoury line is HEAVILY temperature-dependent I find. I do for my sins love an utterly nutrition-free chicken mayo baguette from time to time :disco:

Also I've recently discovered the joys of the Greggs CUSTARD SLICE, which in my view has MUCH to recommend it

Reactions: GNL
That said I would absolutely never buy Greggs at a station. I found myself having to shell out something all too close to a tenner for my liking for a BASIC LUNCH AND PASTY combo a few months back which struck HORROR into my heart. For that price I may as well TREAT myself to an UPPER CRUST!

The Greggs savoury line is HEAVILY temperature-dependent I find. I do for my sins love an utterly nutrition-free chicken mayo baguette from time to time :disco:

Also I've recently discovered the joys of the Greggs CUSTARD SLICE, which in my view has MUCH to recommend it

I love a custard slice but I'm too messy an eater to get one ON THE GO.

I love a custard slice but I'm too messy an eater to get one ON THE GO.
Messy eaters of the world unite.

When I eat at someone's else's house and there's no serviette/ kitchen roll I become immediately concerned, because I know I won't get through a meal or even a biscuit without making a mess.

I don't understand the design of the custard slice to have a big squeezy gelatinous mass BETWEEN two hard pastry slabs without SIDES

SAVE ME from desserts that require PRE-DECONSTRUCTING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom