Wentworth (Final season)

Season six has just started... with Dame Sigrid Thornton (Ros Coulson in the original Pris) as glamorous serial killer Sonia Stevens.
Is this the first time an actor from the original Prisoner has played a different character from it in Wentworth?

Is this the first time an actor from the original Prisoner has played a different character from it in Wentworth?

A few actors from the original have now appeared in Wentworth:

Anne Charleston (Deirdre Kean, Reb's mum) played Liz Birdsworth's mother-in-law, whom she ran over with a tractor.
Steve Bastoni (Peter McCormick, Nancy's son) played Don Kaplan, the detective working with Sonia to manipulate Liz into giving false testimony.
Alex Menglet (camp cook Ray Proctor) played Ferguson's father/fencing teacher in various fantasy sequences.
Debra Lawrance (Daphne Graham) played Kaz Proctor's mum.
Maria Mercedes (Yemil Bakarta) played a police detective.
Liddy Clark (Bella Albrecht) played a woman on the parole board assessing Franky's case.
Shane Connor (Bongo Connors) plays the new Rita Connors' boyfriend.

Thanks. So Sigrid Thornton is the first to take on an iconic character then, rather than a new one.

Have to admit I'm not enjoying this now. I watched half of this weekend's episode and then turned it off. Sonia's storyline is just getting more and more ridiculous and
they want us to believe that they've been holding Fight Club in the basement yet it's never been mentioned once
. It's like the writers are phoning it in this series. No Bea, no Ferguson and very little Frankie and they've been replaced by pug-faced boxing sisters and a madam who's going to go after Kaz's ridiculous Top Dog status.

If a real prison had that many escapes, murders and mutilations it'd be in special measures now and being run by a completely different staff.

Yes this series definitely feels like it has gone off the boil. The departures are being felt now, and I really can't entertain more of Will's drugs hell in particular.

Oh it’s not as great but the Frankie storyline has been amazing.
I got proper emotional when it reached it’s conclusion :D :manson:

Finally caught up with this tonight to the end of the last season (I know 7 has started but am yet to watch) and can echo the thoughts above- the last series has suffered from the fatal mistake of making things ridiculous. The bit where it truly jumped the shark for me was Liz trying to inject heroin- :D Let alone all of the ridiculous plot around Ferguson’s death.

Yes, the departures were problematic- losing Frankie and Ferguson so close together was an issue, and then they went and got rid of Sonia, who had so much unexplored potential. I still hate Kaz and I couldn’t give a fuck about drippy Allie or rubbish Ruby. I liked Rita, mind, though I guess it’s now she gets interesting, and Marie is good fun. Liz is dead wood- especially with this stupid dementia storyline- and they can clear out Will and even Jake now he’s gone soft. Promote the TRULY APPALLING Linda Miles just for shits and giggles and let her and the ever watchable Vera go at it.

Is it confirmed it will end after Season 7? I thought I read a while back it had been renewed for two series?

Finally caught up with this tonight to the end of the last season (I know 7 has started but am yet to watch) and can echo the thoughts above- the last series has suffered from the fatal mistake of making things ridiculous. The bit where it truly jumped the shark for me was Liz trying to inject heroin- :D Let alone all of the ridiculous plot around Ferguson’s death.

Yes, the departures were problematic- losing Frankie and Ferguson so close together was an issue, and then they went and got rid of Sonia, who had so much unexplored potential. I still hate Kaz and I couldn’t give a fuck about drippy Allie or rubbish Ruby. I liked Rita, mind, though I guess it’s now she gets interesting, and Marie is good fun. Liz is dead wood- especially with this stupid dementia storyline- and they can clear out Will and even Jake now he’s gone soft. Promote the TRULY APPALLING Linda Miles just for shits and giggles and let her and the ever watchable Vera go at it.

Is it confirmed it will end after Season 7? I thought I read a while back it had been renewed for two series?

Yes, it has been renewed for two more Seasons. It was originally meant to finish after Season 7 and they have re-shot the Season 7 finale as they thought it would be the final season.

Is anyone still watching ? It's still bloody brilliant

I've been recording the current series, but have yet to watch and haven't seen any in quite some time. Annoyingly, channel 5 don't just have them all up.

I wonder if That One made it through his original box set.

So I'm 2 deep (my favourite) into season 4. I have a memory of Fergie getting badly beaten in the showers, so I'm sure I've been here before, but so far am enjoying it. Lots of intersecting and manoeuvring, just the way prison drama should be.

Onto episode 5. Sonia is a good character so if she's back to terrorize Liz by demanding cups of tea I'm totally here for it.

Episode 6. Holy fuck.

Holy fuck.

Holy fuck.

Ahhhhhhh - what in the fresh hell have I just witnessed?

Downloading episode 7. I must have been looking at my phone, because I still didn't see dental Ferguson coming and when it happened assumed it was a dream sequence due to drugs and fear of the dentist. Can it be put back on? Oh lord, what a scene.

I'm clapping for Doreen getting her slow motion moment. Now all she needs to do is turn around and see Franky wave.

Ugh, at having to keep clicking into TV to get to this thread. If moronic dirge was posted years ago, just delete it and leave a moderator edit note as to why.

Anyway, poor Franky. She'll never see Bridge again and that could have been one more peice on the game of chess against Fergie.

Dithery, drunk, doting Liz is a low-key favourite for sure. I do want a happy ending for her. Pretty sure she's guzzled a bottle of Head & Shoulders sadly.

You just know she's put clothes under the duvet and is hiding behind that door. I need a coffee for this commercial.

Well, in my opinion that definitely leaves it open for her to come back and giving that character a break is probably for the best.

C'mon season 6 Sonia, let's get sickening. What a comeback shot in the back of the van. Too bad we didn't see her get carried down onto a bridge of naked arched backs to the sounds of Love In The First Degree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom