What are you cooking 2024?

Lasagne only really needs a side salad. I accept garlic bread as a mopper. But chips? Isn't the meal HEAVY ENOUGH ALREADY? Perverts.

I hope you choke to death on a Sunday afternoon Opal Fruit

EDIT: this no longer makes sense due to the meddling of a mod

Last edited:
I'm currently obsessing over jacket potatoes. I think because I follow SpudMan and the Spud Brothers on tiktok.

Current fave is jacket potato, cheese and coleslaw.

Absolutely delighted with this prawn Thai Green I made. Obviously made Thai Green before, but never with sugar snap peas before and I must say I'm immediately OBSESSED.
1000009643.jpg

Last edited:
I'm currently obsessing over jacket potatoes. I think because I follow SpudMan and the Spud Brothers on tiktok.

Current fave is jacket potato, cheese and coleslaw.
Whatever gets you there, I guess.

Well my jacket potato love looks shit compared to Ags meal :bad:

Oh but, in South Africa they call pancakes flapjack.

I got very excited seeing flapjack on the menu for breakfast, and then this turned up....it was still lovely.
Screenshot_2024-01-29-18-36-38-89_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Don't knock it til you've tried it. They have it in SA everywhere, with bacon. It was unbelievably good. And that pizza only cost me £5!

I randomly tried this Austrian dessert called Kardinalschnitte. A bit elaborate but I (everyone) loved it, much better than I was expecting.

k2.jpg

k3.jpg

So the curry was ok. It had a nice instant taste but not a deep full taste. I think I need to add more spices, and garam masala, whatever that is.

So the curry was ok. It had a nice instant taste but not a deep full taste. I think I need to add more spices, and garam masala, whatever that is.
Did you add coconut milk or some kind of cream? That tends to do the trick I find for depth of flavour.

Did you add coconut milk or some kind of cream? That tends to do the trick I find for depth of flavour.
I added coconut milk.
Mandy had some today and said it was much better so maybe the flavour has come out more now. But I think it definitely needs something else.

Lasagne only really needs a side salad. I accept garlic bread as a mopper. But chips? Isn't the meal HEAVY ENOUGH ALREADY? Perverts.
I need to revisit this discussion because I do believe lasagne can be treated like fish and chips - hear me out lovers .. in the same way one may enjoy mushy peas gravy curry sauce etc with fish and chips or simply enjoy the heaviness of fish and chips on their own with some salt and vinegar

Lasagne thread forum now!

I need to revisit this discussion because I do believe lasagne can be treated like fish and chips - hear me out lovers .. in the same way one may enjoy mushy peas gravy curry sauce etc with fish and chips or simply enjoy the heaviness of fish and chips on their own with some salt and vinegar

Lasagne thread forum now!
Nope.

Paprika and garlic chicken bake. So simple and lovely and soft for my sore mouth. Without checking, beyond the amount of salt, it was probably pretty healthy.

1000009985.jpg

1000009980.jpg

I could not arsed to cook properly so picked up a Chinese takeaway from Tesco. And you know what? It was decent.

I could not arsed to cook properly so picked up a Chinese takeaway from Tesco. And you know what? It was decent.
What did you get?

I always go chow mein. I'm very boring. I've started to prefer Thai recently.

What did you get?

I always go chow mein. I'm very boring. I've started to prefer Thai recently.
There was four available, so I bought all four for £12. Sweet & Sour, chow Mein, chinese curry and sides.

The Waitrose Thai selection is grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom