What are you cooking 2024?

Dead busy atm so ms ron pulling this out of the bag was a delight. Coley fillet, kale and cannolini bean salad and some calamari.

Attachments

• IMG_1381.jpeg
    IMG_1381.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
Speaking as someone of South Asian descent, a proper authentic Sarson ka Saag is probably my favourite Indian dish EVER. I would urge anyone with a love of curry to seek it out.

I much prefer Gousto to HelloFresh, they’re both priced similarly but I find HelloFresh a bit stir-in sauce and anything I would consider a normal meal has a premium added to it. For example for a burger recipe you’d have to pay an extra £2.50 per portion for it on top of the weekly cost whereas at Gousto this would be a none premium meal.

Recipe boxes are more expensive than getting the ingredients yourself but I’ve had some actual knockout meals I would have happily paid more than triple for eating out, very few duds overall, I like the variety every week and there’s no schlepping around a supermarket looking for an obscure ingredient (that if you’re in Morrisons won’t be in stock anyway).

Most of the food I cook looks awful in pictures, but anyway, I was feeling lazy so went for the most simple dessert, creme caramel. I always make a big one but found these molds in the cupboard and tried individual ones. And yes, that oven tray is filthy as hell and have to clean it pronto.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 19.02.56.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 19.02.57.jpeg

Isn't the yolk a bit done for a poached egg? Asking as someone who has never had one, I've never seen them here anywhere. I tried to make them once and it was a total disaster. I have to give it another go, but doing it in the microwave sounds weird.
Yes. I've since moved on to poaching them in the hob and they're absolutely divine.

1000010899.jpg

1000010446.jpg

More advanced cooks would sniff but I'm progressing at my own pace and I'm still excited when I do something new.

Honestly cooking is so joyous and virtually unlimited, I can't get enough!

It looks yummy, I guess that's avocado. I never thought of avocado on toast until I read it on Moopy, and now I've tried a couple of times when I have some left after making sushi. Not bad.

Honestly cooking is so joyous and virtually unlimited, I can't get enough!
Same here, I love trying new things and experimenting, sometimes it's a bit meh but I never stop finding new stuff I never tried and are really good. I found a small filing cabinet at my parents, those with cards or whatever you call them, and I'm compiling all my recipes and the new ones I like, I know it looks very 20th Century, but it has been a great idea, you stick it with a magnet on the fridge when cooking and no dirty fingers on your mobile/recipe book.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 15.32.54.jpeg

It looks yummy, I guess that's avocado. I never thought of avocado on toast until I read it on Moopy, and now I've tried a couple of times when I have some left after making sushi. Not bad.
It was totally a hipster/ yoga mum thing for a while but I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply anymore. Fucking love avocados.

Any good homemade salad dressing recipes?

I used to have the ocassional salad and the dressing was always the boring (but very effective) olive oil and vinegar. Lately I've been eating lots of salads and I've only tried a lemon poppy seed dressing that I love. I'm open to try any dressing but I prefer homemade. If anyone has any good one please share it. x

First new recipe in a while. Basically homemade french onion soup, with mushrooms, pasta, cream and cheese topped with crispy Prosciutto. Looked terrible for most of the cooking process but came together at the end. Giving off honey and mustard vibes.

1000011322.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom