What Are You Watching? 2022

We've got it in the memory as well, but it's one I've asked Mr L to watch when I'm not around.

I haven’t got around to it either, and don’t know if I ever will. I think it is going to be too much of an effort, and tv shouldn’t be an effort.

Autumn TV seems to kick in next week. The Capture's back and ITV have a police drama with Hastings from Line of Duty as well as The Suspect, which they seem to be pushing very hard. I almost feel that beardy Aidan Turner is stalking me.

Aidan Turner is in the Radio Times (Mr L is very old school about TV) looking FINE

I didn't know The Capture was back. Series one was SO GOOD, albeit what feels like a million years ago.

I've just read about Hastings' ITV show and it essentially sounds like 'Vera, but if Vera was a man". Good old ITV

Kleo on Netflix. Basically a German Killing Eve set in 1989. Strong female characters and at least a couple of hot guys.

Would recommend.

The Kleo trailer does look fun - Killing Eve meets Deutschland 8*. It has gone on the list.

Burned through the third season of Never Have I Ever on Netflix. Still cute, though inevitably not quite as fresh and one of the male leads now looks about fifteen years older than the rest of the high school kids.

Just finished Black Bird on Apple. Excellent true crime drama with good performances all round (not least a supporting turn from Ray Liotta in one of his last roles as Taron Egerton's ailing father), and only six parts so not excessively long. I've now started on Bad Sisters, penned by and starring Sharon Horgan. It is a remake of a drama available through Walter Presents a while ago that I never watched. Rather good, but the weekly episode releases inconveniently go past the end of my free trial, so they'll get another month out of me at least.

3 episodes in. Ok I'm gripped. Are there really so many murders in London? Blimey, not even the dogs are safe.

So I'm watching Netflix's Inside the Mind of a Cat on Netflix. I am scared of cats, yes, but the Cheetah has always been my very favourite animal if you please (although I now would say anything on Orcas would be my go-to wildlife documentary if you don't please). So I'll give this a bash.

@Rita, did you watch The Voice last night?

I see Tom Jones is #1 on iTunes after performing a song from his last album and dedicating it to his late wife.

I see Tom Jones is #1 on iTunes after performing a song from his last album and dedicating it to his late wife.

No, I didn’t but have recorded both this and The Masked Singer and will catch up on them both today. It is a horrible day here so a great excuse to veg out and catch up on some tv.

Just caught this now, and it was absolutely beautiful. His voice is still so pure, and effective that it just hits your soul.

Since no Drag Race for my Sarurday morning blanket on the couch viewings, on with Marcella season 3 it is (although I still have 25 minutes left of post killer catching season 2 finale to put myself through).

Also just finished Move (1970). Geneviève Waïte (RIP) doesn't appear until around halfway and her role is simply "the girl". The whole thing just isn't done well, but I guess female nudity then was "the thing" and the late Waïte was much better utilized in the oh so daft and fun Joanna (1968). I had no idea she sort of returned to film in the short Short Distance (1989), but I'm having no luck finding it, perhaps due to the name being so generic (I assume it was something she sort of stumbled into like all her other jobs, bless her). I was watching a Howard Stern interview with her daughter and the way the host even mentions that he's met Gen before suggests she was every bit as fluffy, delicate and more wrapped up in herself than candy floss as you'd both want and not want her to be.

Oh my god, Marcella is turning into Kate Bush in the Cloudbusting video with this haircut she's giving herself all the while in that sweater.

Enjoyed season 3 of Marcella (just finished the now), but I'm especially loving the What/If ness of her new look to prime us for season 4.

@lolly I watched the first episode of The Capture season 2 and enjoyed it at parts and I think I will binge the rest tonight. I seem to remember you saying it goes BATSHIT so am holding out for it to get better as the season goes on?

@lolly I watched the first episode of The Capture season 2 and enjoyed it at parts and I think I will binge the rest tonight. I seem to remember you saying it goes BATSHIT so am holding out for it to get better as the season goes on?
Was it me who said that? I'm not sure. I have watched it and did enjoy it though. I hope it picks up a stronger audience on iPlayer as I found them slightly underwhelming. Possibly already good enough for season three though. I really like Holliday Grainger.

Was it me who said that? I'm not sure. I have watched it and did enjoy it though. I hope it picks up a stronger audience on iPlayer as I found them slightly underwhelming. Possibly already good enough for season three though. I really like Holliday Grainger.

It wasn’t you? I’m not sure I will bother if things don’t get better. I found it quite hard to follow.

For an ITV Sunday night police drama Karen Pirie is pretty decent, and I would say better than Jimmy Nesbitt mugging hammily on the BBC.

I gave up on Karen Pirie after about 20 minutes, but that's 20 more than James Nesbitt will get from me.

HATED Crossfire, or the 1.5 episodes of it I did. It felt like something ITV would have made in 2007

Has anyone watched Am I Being Unreasonable Yet? It's the first thing Daisy May Cooper has written since This Country, and all on iPlayer now. It sort of bumbles along as being v watchable but a bit tonally confusing, until episode 4 which just turned it all on its head for me, in the best possible way. They're billing it as a 'comedy-thriller' and I think that's right, as it's not laugh out loud funny, but it is ultimately VERY GOOD, I think.

HATED Crossfire, or the 1.5 episodes of it I did. It felt like something ITV would have made in 2007

Has anyone watched Am I Being Unreasonable Yet? It's the first thing Daisy May Cooper has written since This Country, and all on iPlayer now. It sort of bumbles along as being v watchable but a bit tonally confusing, until episode 4 which just turned it all on its head for me, in the best possible way. They're billing it as a 'comedy-thriller' and I think that's right, as it's not laugh out loud funny, but it is ultimately VERY GOOD, I think.

It’s OK, but neither that or The Capture really tickled my pickle. We seem to have had an abundance of new dramas and I haven’t watched any of them but have them all recorded. Any worth watching? @lolly @FetchFugly @Halli

I liked The Suspect, but probably would have about 75% less if I wasn't thinking how much I wanted to sit on Aidan Turner's face, and admiring his range of coats and jackets.

I got right into The Capture. It had some top notch twists, and I especially enjoyed Indira Varma cunting it up as an Emily Maitlis-esque Newsnight presenter,

I'm not sure I liked it as much as series one, as it felt a little colder. I think a lot of that was down to it being QUITE TRICKY to care about these bad things happening to a Tory MP.

The Suspect and Bad Sisters are next on my list. Aidan Turner's a little too beardy in the promo pics for my liking, not quite at his fittest.

Apparently its USP was that Hastings sang in it? I'm ok thanks

The Suspect and Bad Sisters are next on my list. Aidan Turner's a little too beardy in the promo pics for my liking, not quite at his fittest.
Yes, the beard could do with a trim. You shouldn't have bone structure like that and hide it.

Also I'm sorry but TWO HOUR CRIME DRAMAS on ITV is not the one. Life's too short for two hours of ITV (or 90 mins when you whizz through the ads) of an evening. It's what's put me off giving Karen Pirie a go, despite the decent reviews

Also I'm sorry but TWO HOUR CRIME DRAMAS on ITV is not the one. Life's too short for two hours of ITV (or 90 mins when you whizz through the ads) of an evening. It's what's put me off giving Karen Pirie a go, despite the decent reviews

The Masked Singer BEGS TO DIFFER. Also Love Island and CBB when it returns next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom