What Are You Watching? 2022

I just finished Midnight Mass on Netflix. Not the best of Mike Flanagan and really quite unnecessarily WORDY at times with a letdown of a finale, but the atmosphere was spot on and there were some lovely well written scenes.

Started Midnight Club straight after which has an entirely different feel, but promising so far...

Just finished Fortune Seller on Netflix, they really have hit gold with the dramatization of all these cons, but they're so catchy. I devoured this and still want some more.

The second run of Upright on Sky featuring Tim Minchin and Milly Alcock.

I watched the first season of this when it was on but did not place her when she turned up on House of the Dragon. She is great in this as well.

Binge watching Mammals on Prime Video today and despite James Cordon it’s really very good indeed, although I’m about to start the final episode and think it needs more. I suppose you can’t go wrong with Jez Butterworth.

I am completely failing at Netflix. I'm barely watching anything on there at the moment. I haven't started on the second run of Young Royals yet, never mind Smiley.

I've gone down a bit of a Channel 4 catch up rabbit hole - earlier I finished The Curse (a decent and v well performed comedy crime caper set in the 80s) and am now on Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, which 2 eps in is fucking phenomenal. Like a cross between Mongrels and Flight Of The Conchords/The Mighty Boosh.

I might also rewatch We Are Lady Parts season 1 while I'm passing through. Easily one of the best new comedies of the past few years.

The girl in the mirror, also on netflix, first 6 episodes were good, not sure about the 7th, two more to go.
@Alla help, is it regular to have the window shutters looking inside the house and the actual glass windows looking outside in Spain? Or is it some specific province's architecture? Don't know how to correctly phrase the question hope it makes sense, but all the houses in this series had windows like this.

@Alla help, is it regular to have the window shutters looking inside the house and the actual glass windows looking outside in Spain? Or is it some specific province's architecture? Don't know how to correctly phrase the question hope it makes sense, but all the houses in this series had windows like this.
The shutters always outside the glass of.the windows, you can open the window with the shutter down. I've never seen the other way, it sounds insane.

The shutters always outside the glass of.the windows, you can open the window with the shutter down. I've never seen the other way, it sounds insane.
Yeah i thought it was a little insane too but then I thought maybe there's a purpose am unaware of, never seen this before either.

@Queen of the Bethlehem 🌟 unless we are talking about those awful cheap plastic shutters, those you can find in an office, but i don't think thats what you meant. I need to see that, i can't even picture that insanity. Give me a number of episode or so and i'll take a look, i'm curious now.

about those awful cheap plastic shutters, those you can find in an office, but i don't think thats what you meant. I need to see that, i can't even picture that insanity. Give me a number of episode or so and i'll take a look, i'm curious now.
no no, perfectly normal shutters just positioned in front of the glass, i will upload a pic later

How weird, i don't get it.
20221222_232444.jpg
20221222_232231.jpg

That was the balcony door but the entire house is like this, no outside shutters, they are all in. View attachment 14915
Yes, because they are old houses, and those shutters are made of wood, you can't have that outside the glass because of the rain and humidity. My grandparents' house in the village was like that, and those wooden shutters (we have a different word for them, not really shutters for me) were all inside. But proper modern shutters are always ouside, to protect the glass too. Tjey're not made of wood anymore so they can resist the weather. I hope i explained myself.

Sheridan Smith playing very much to type in Rosie Molloy Gives Up Everything. Pretty far from subtle and I'm not sure they got the tone exactly right but I was moderately entertained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom