What Are You Watching? 2022

The Voice and IACGMOOH are also favourites round these parts. In fact FUCK THE BBC.

I find all those shows intolerable to varying degrees because of the advert breaks

I find all those shows intolerable to varying degrees because of the advert breaks

I watch hardly any of them live although CBB will probably be watched live like it was on Channel 4 and 5 which also had the same advert breaks.

Has anyone watched Am I Being Unreasonable Yet? It's the first thing Daisy May Cooper has written since This Country, and all on iPlayer now. It sort of bumbles along as being v watchable but a bit tonally confusing, until episode 4 which just turned it all on its head for me, in the best possible way. They're billing it as a 'comedy-thriller' and I think that's right, as it's not laugh out loud funny, but it is ultimately VERY GOOD, I think.
Just two episodes in and loving it, excited for what’s to come now :o

:o Let's regroup here when you've binged the lot

I'm only a couple into Am I Being Unreasonable as well. It has a chaotic energy and I don't think everything quite lands but I am enjoying. I look forward to the big switcheroo too.

I watched all of The Suspect but it was just a bit ridiculous and I agree that Turner was excessively beardy.

I have Inside Man recorded but I am trying to catch up with other things before jumping into that.

Bad Sisters I do like, but I haven't seen the episode released last week yet. Once it is over and I get through the second season of Ted Lasso Apple+ will be cancelled.

I don't think I'm going to watch it (it looks like total trash), but I have to flag new BBC1 show Unbreakable because it's a TV gig for Maria McErlane who has always been a bit of a low-key QoL for me.

When Denise Welch and Simon Weston are the two biggest names in your celeb reality show, maybe you should've thrown a few more quid at it :eyes:

Me too, but this might be a bridge too far! Celebs and their partners doing challenges like bungee jumping in order to... test their relationships? I'm actually not sure what the aim is :D

When Denise Welch and Simon Weston are the two biggest names in your celeb reality show, maybe you should've thrown a few more quid at it :eyes:

Yes it sounds extra terrible. Is this BBC? Wonder what all the ITV snobs are saying about how the far superior BBC that shows much better thought out and produced shows will think of this nonsense?? :D

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
It does feel VERY ITV.

Which has been my point all along. There is no difference in quality between the two channels in 2022. The only difference is BLASTED ADVERTS on ITV.

Reactions: COB
HATED Crossfire, or the 1.5 episodes of it I did. It felt like something ITV would have made in 2007

Has anyone watched Am I Being Unreasonable Yet? It's the first thing Daisy May Cooper has written since This Country, and all on iPlayer now. It sort of bumbles along as being v watchable but a bit tonally confusing, until episode 4 which just turned it all on its head for me, in the best possible way. They're billing it as a 'comedy-thriller' and I think that's right, as it's not laugh out loud funny, but it is ultimately VERY GOOD, I think.
Just did episode 4. OMG. SO GOOD

I see it's had some 5-star reviews but also some 3-star ones, and I'm QUITE SURE the critics who wrote the latter must have only watched the first few eps before sacking it off.

A couple of episodes into A Friend of the Family with Anna Paquin, Colin Hanks (terrible, terrible hair) and Jake Lacy (EVIL), tucked away on Peacock. It really picks up with the second episode. I *think* I watched the documentary on Netflix a couple of years back, but I don't really remember much.

A couple of episodes into A Friend of the Family with Anna Paquin, Colin Hanks (terrible, terrible hair) and Jake Lacy (EVIL), tucked away on Peacock. It really picks up with the second episode. I *think* I watched the documentary on Netflix a couple of years back, but I don't really remember much.
Abducted in plain sight?

The docu was total wtf.

Just finished the Netflix reboot of The Mole. Very enjoyable indeed.

Starting season 10 American Horror Story. I sure do find Finn Wittrock quite attractive in that sun-starved vampire way.

Not sure how keen I was on the ending but just watched the whole season in one. Found it really gripping.

That last episode of Am I Being Unreasonable was certainly revelatory.

Finished Somewhere Boy last night as well. Excellent stuff, and really strong performances from the leads (one of whom was the boy on the train in Am I Being Unreasonable).

I've now got on Filthy Rich, the cancelled after 5 episodes 10 episode show starring Kim Catrall that got cancelled halfway through.

I'm really pissed off with TV at the moment. Everything seems to be serialised these days which just means HOURS of a meandering storyline with no satisfaction at the end of an episode, just a fucking cliffhanger or something

Bring back MONSTER/CASE/ISSUE OF THE WEEK type stuff where it's all wrapped up at the end of the episode because I cannot be fucked with all this 10-hour film bollocks

Think I'm going to have to bow out on Filthy Rich. I've made it to episode 3 and my gosh is it woeful, Kim aside it's like a Drag Race UK bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom