There must be something here

Here

real housewives vicki GIF by RealityTVGIFs

I'm on Cars & Guitars

Polish my RIMS

What a contrast

(Still love it)

Who were you? I only posted about 100 times but I had the name gettotexas
I had several names but under the Suedey incarnation I pissed off a couple of the big popular posters.. but ToriMODE (??) was always nice to me!

Did you deserve it?
I don't think so, but then to be fair I was taking my Dotmusic/Moopy attitude there which I suppose didn't really gel with the American Tori loons. :bad:

I did like their Fori baby jokes though. It took them a long time to get there though.

On this note I have to say that it took me about 15 years to get 'The Beekeeper' (the song not the album). I love it now. But do I love it enough to feature it in my all time Tori top 50? Stay tuned.

It’s strange how a particular song can just uproot you and plant you firmly back in a moment. I really identified with parts of Tear In Your Hand which I just listened to. I just discovered the album when I started uni, not when it was released as I was a bit too young to be into that kind of stuff and I had just started going on the gay scene at 18 and this older guy had me dangling on a piece of string for him and made an idiot of me and it turned out he had a long term boyfriend and I played that song a lot. It taught me at a young age not to allow anyone make me feel like that again ever though. For three minutes I was completely in the past again just now.

It’s strange how a particular song can just uproot you and plant you firmly back in a moment. I really identified with parts of Tear In Your Hand which I just listened to. I just discovered the album when I started uni, not when it was released as I was a bit too young to be into that kind of stuff and I had just started going on the gay scene at 18 and this older guy had me dangling on a piece of string for him and it turned out he had a long term boyfriend and I played that song a lot. It taught me at a young age not to allow anyone make me feel like that again ever though. For three minutes I was completely in the past again.
Aww. Hugs & positive thoughts my lovely. And yes I know what you mean about a song transporting you back to a certain moment. A lot of Tori songs have that power.

Aww. Hugs & positive thoughts my lovely. And yes I know what you mean about a song transporting you back to a certain moment. A lot of Tori songs have that power.
I was just young, naive and nice and assumed other people were too. I quickly learned but music was and still is where I turn to most often.

On this note I have to say that it took me about 15 years to get 'The Beekeeper' (the song not the album). I love it now. But do I love it enough to feature it in my all time Tori top 50? Stay tuned.

@Iguana reading this:

shade GIF by Lifetime Telly
Oh I just reread and you clarified you meant the SONG. Yes it's truly amazing. The lyrics are so powerful. I actually connect it with i i e e e even though there clearly very different, but something any the energy connects them for me

I've never heard Butterfly or The Happy Worker before! :o Mind blown. The latter sounds like Happy Nation in the chorus. Looking forward to at least five songs from Midwinter Graces making an appearance.

Totally here for this (unless it’s new material from the past 15 years that I don’t know, but would be good to have Suedy recommending the best bits).

Been listening to some Tori a lot this past week which means (as usual) ”The Spire is haaaat and my cells can’t feed, and you still got that belle dragging your foots, I’m hiding it weeelll sister Ernestine, but I’ve still got that belle dragging my foots” is stuck in my head. :disco::(

And yes the live version with 'Hurt' from the Dew Drop Inn Tour remains as essential as it was in '96

I hurt myself today
To see if I could feel
So I hurt myself again
to see if he'd see me
I hurt myself again
I know
He never could see me

*dramatic gasp*

*CAALS intro*

THE QUEEN.

Totally here for this (unless it’s new material from the past 15 years that I don’t know, but would be good to have Suedy recommending the best bits).

Been listening to some Tori a lot this past week which means (as usual) ”The Spire is haaaat and my cells can’t feed, and you still got that belle dragging your foots, I’m hiding it weeelll sister Ernestine, but I’ve still got that belle dragging my foots” is stuck in my head. :disco::(
Didn't know our love was SO SMALL
Couldn't stand AT ALL
:(

Actually the most WTF Tori cover image is probably the Venus cover. I liked the rest of the artwork but the cover image was a bit 'Oh'.

R-10973135-1507474462-6847.jpeg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom