World Cup 2022

I’m not sure how the constraints work for the intercontinental playoffs. If England can’t get either of them, they have a one in four chance of getting Scotland/Wales/Ukraine.

I think the same continental constraints apply for the intercontinental playoffs

I’m not sure how the constraints work for the intercontinental playoffs. If England can’t get either of them, they have a one in four chance of getting Scotland/Wales/Ukraine.
We can’t get either of the intercontinental play-offs I don’t think.

It’s Ecuador.

Edit: No, it isn’t they’re in Group A.

That’s about as good a group Wales and Ukraine/Scotland could hope for.
USA only got through on goal difference last week and Iran are shite on paper. I think you could do it.

USA only got through on goal difference last week and Iran are shite on paper. I think you could do it.
You have to think that Iran are the team that are most likely to have lots of noisy fans in the stadium across the whole tournament.

I’ve been updating the first post but here’s the full draw..

Group A - Qatar/Ecuador/Senegal/Netherlands
Group B - England/Iran/USA/Scotland OR Wales OR Ukraine
Group C - Argentina/Saudi Arabia/Mexico/Poland
Group D - France/Australia OR Peru OR UAE/Denmark/Tunisia
Group E - Spain/Costa Rica OR New Zealand/Germany/Japan
Group F - Belgium/Canada/Morocco/Croatia
Group G - Brazil/Serbia/Switzerland/Cameroon
Group H - Portugal/Ghana/Uruguay/Korea Republic

The England Group B matches are on a Monday (Iran), Friday (USA) and Tuesday (Ukraine etc.). Wikipedia doesn’t say what time of day.
Quarterfinals would be a Saturday or Sunday.

The England Group B matches are on a Monday (Iran), Friday (USA) and Tuesday (Ukraine etc.). Wikipedia doesn’t say what time of day.
Quarterfinals would be a Saturday or Sunday.
I think they're planning to decide the times after the draw so that they can be at as convenient times as possible for people watching in the competing countries.

I wonder if the USA can repeat their famous victory over England in 2010?

FPRl3-BXIAoOJKl

I think they're planning to decide the times after the draw so that they can be at as convenient times as possible for people watching in the competing countries.
Oh good. Presumably that means Friday night to cope with the US’s stubbornly non-European timezone.

Oh good. Presumably that means Friday night to cope with the US’s stubbornly non-European timezone.
I guess so. Probably 4pm UK time for the England-Iran game, for the same reason.

Let’s do a shite early prediction then..

Senegal or the Netherlands is a much trickier second round than England's normally faced the last few years. It looks like we've got the harder half of the draw to the final.
Oh definitely, a Netherlands/Senegal R16 match will still be very tough, but much more preferable than the likely France/Argentina QF. My point was we don’t run that risk of running straight into another top team right after the groups, at the very least we’ve got a match we should win on paper (which is of course easier said than done).

(You never know though, we could get Ecuador in the second round again :disco:)

Last edited:
Final schedule is out https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/6a616c6cf19bc57a/original/FWC-2022-Match-Schedule.pdf

England‘s matches against the USA and the European qualifier are both at 7pm, with the opening group match against Iran at 1pm UK time.

Scotland/Wales qualification would see them face the USA at 7pm for their opening match and 10am for their second match against Iran.

Surprisingly they’ve ditched the hosts and the actual opening match of the tournament will be Senegal v Netherlands :o I suppose it does make sense with Ecuador’s time zone, but I always thought it was a recent tradition for the hosts to play the opening match.

Last edited:
Costa Rica to beat New Zealand tomorrow please.

England - 0 v 3 - Hungary in the nations league still with ten minutes to go.

IT’S COMING HOME :eyes:

EDIT: 4-0 :D

Last edited:
Copabet is back open if people fancy doing a Moopy group again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom