World Cup 2022

You can keep editing it until Qatar vs Ecuador on Sunday 20th

I currently have Argentina winning and England going out to Denmark in the quarters :o

"Football does not exist in a vacuum"

Well, except it does. In most other instances, that 'ambassador' would already be fired before the story hit the news.

Also, not FIFA sending out letters to the participating nations' FAs, asking them to "Focus on the sport". :eyes:

Love a "stick to sports" rhetoric in 2022. But hardly a shocker considering the source.

Sounds like someone is worried the tournament will face distractions. Could you IMAGINE!

Joe Lycett is rapidly becoming one of my favourite people (even if I was writing sarcastic letters to corporations long before he got famous doing it)

Apparently Qatar have attempted to bribe Ecuador $7 million to lose the opening match :basil:

They've also been accused of whipping up groups of "fans" who are actually paid actors to try and drive some hype. Like the England fans filmed singing "It's Coming Home" to totally the wrong tube. :D

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: GNL
I mean, if the deaths of migrant workers, and trampling on Queer rights wasn't enough, surely THIS will be the tipping point to turn the straights against the World Cup

6 years ago: We promise to do whatever you want if you give us the tournament! *slips very heavy brown envelope*

Today:

gotcha-fooled-you.gif

I mean, if the deaths of migrant workers, and trampling on Queer rights wasn't enough, surely THIS will be the tipping point to turn the straights against the World Cup

If it was only going to be fucking Budweiser anyway, it's not that much of a problem.

No, it's okay, they'll be able to buy beer in the fan zones just outside the stadiums. For £11.60 a pint. :basil:

Even worse- it's still allowed to be sold in the corporate areas.

So basically, the PLEBS can't have it, but the RICH can.

A World Cup thread three pages long before a ball has been kicked :shock:

MASC MOOPY!

As a gay, disabled Qatari Arab of African descent, I feel seen. Thank you FIFA.

I'm trying to think of a less interesting sounding opener than Qatar vs Ecuador and genuinely struggling. Ecuador have scored one goal in their last five games 😴

I entered last night (and also signed up for the Copabet). I'm prone to making insane predictions to try to outfox everyone else, so I'm expecting to crash and burn.
Oh so are you ‘footybantslover’? :D

I entered but know LITERALLY NOTHING about football so don’t at me when I crash and burn.

I'm in. I have a reasonable knowledge about football, BUT lack much contemporary knowledge, except that [REDACTED].

Except it has been ruled out for offside by VAR after about a fortnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom