A Second to Midnight (from Disco: Guest List Edition)

Rate it, lovers

• Total voters
It doesn't sound bad...

She has mentioned there's a video to the Gloria Gaynor track, dunno if that was out there already.

That’s entirely underwhelming in the exact way New York City was.

The version I’ve just listened to on YouTube is a really bad edit as well- surely that’s not the radio version? It just STOPS.

Where is the PRODUCTION? It should have a key change, it should properly pop in the chorus- the tune is there but it doesn’t really go anywhere.

It's alright (as well as a collaboration with Years and Years can be). The takeaway from that interview is that she's definitely moving back to Oz.

this is QUITE GOOD. unfortunately the verses and bridge are much better than the chorus. but I feared worse!

I really quite like it on second listen.

Hope there's a poppers remix.

I don't dislike it, but it is distinctly underwhelming as a relaunch lead. Like Sheena said, it's the lack of production which hinders it.

I doubt it will make that much difference to how the album sells, but I'm slightly concerned they decided to make that the single.

Also isn't she maybe the most cautious pop star ever. Reluctant to talk about live dates, STILL recording remotely. Even the Gloria Gaynor video has been recorded separately with GG doing her bit in NY a la Keith Washington in IYWWMN. She also pronounces Gaynor in a way that tickles me.

And I wonder whether there might be a noticeable drop in the quality of her recorded output with her upping sticks to Australia.

But yes, it's better than New York City. I still resent that being on SBIT.

Also isn't she maybe the most cautious pop star ever. Reluctant to talk about live dates, STILL recording remotely. Even the Gloria Gaynor video has been recorded separately with GG doing her bit in NY a la Keith Washington in IYWWMN. She also pronounces Gaynor in a way that tickles me.

And I wonder whether there might be a noticeable drop in the quality of her recorded output with her upping sticks to Australia.

THERE’S OUR EDDIE, ALWAYS LOOKING ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

But yes, it's better than New York City. I still resent that being on SBIT.

I feel I should confirm that yes, it is. Just I shouldn’t be getting all “6-7/10” over a Kylie lead single.

I feel I should confirm that yes, it is. Just I shouldn’t be getting all “6-7/10” over a Kylie lead single.
I'm telling myself it's not REALLY a lead

Which of course I wouldn't be if it was properly good.

I'd give it a 7. Olly sounds better on it than I expected.

I'm enjoying some fans on SayHey still speculating if she may get a #1 album :D

It is a 7 from me, though I did quite enjoy the bridge.

At least it is better than Say Something.

• Angry
Reactions: COB
I love the bridge! The chorus is suitably Kylie heavy and 'Show me the way to your heart' is :disco:

I agree the way it seems to cut off dead is strange though.

She looks very What Do I Have To Do era Kylie in the snippets of the video.

This was recorded in Oz wasn't it? It does have a phoned in quality to it.

vocally the whole original album was recorded remotely too. she did all the vox in her closet at home, except Say Something and Magic which were recorded pre-pandemic. as if it matters a jot where she is. :D absolute nonsense in the Kylie topic. Edwina's home!!!

I’m honestly so happy our Dear Eddy is back!

No tell us how many copies you haven’t bought!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom