A*Teens

Oh my, you're taste is so similar :D
I never noticed you being such a Pop lover :disco:

Must tell me more about your favourite artists !

Ive got 2 albums I think..."Teen Spirit" for sure and I THINK "Pop Til You Drop"...

They're both RATHER PLEASING

Is there any need to get "The Abba Generation", though ? I figure not
The ABBA album is decent - not their best, but I do like it. Their version of "Our Last Summer" is a personal guilty pleasure even if it's not a patch on FRID

Could you forgive and learn how to forget
hear me as I'm calling out your name

Firefly come back to me
make the night as bright as day

Who is your favourite band member by the way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Difficult.

1. High and goobye
2. For all that I am
3. In the blink of an eye
4. I promised myself
5. ...To the music
6. Around the corner of your eye
7. Closer to perfection
8. Morning light
9. Perfect match
10. Halfway round the world

Oh this needs to be on my mp3 player soon :disco:
OOH :D

Pleasing position for Hi & Goodbye *sob*

If you love that though, how can you not love the oh so sad "Firefly" or "Heartbreak Lullaby". They both have me reaching for the KLEENEX and not for the same reasons as DIDDY

I'm MINOR in a [key change] MAJOR kind of way :D

Firefly, come BACK to me
Make the night as BRIGHT as day
I'll be looking out for you
Tell me that you're LONELY too

Firefly come lead me on
Follow you into the sun
That's the way it ought to be
Firefly, come BACK to ME :(

Only the SWEDES do it SO WELL

OOH :D

Pleasing position for Hi & Goodbye *sob*

If you love that though, how can you not love the oh so sad "Firefly" or "Heartbreak Lullaby". They both have me reaching for the KLEENEX and not for the same reasons as DIDDY

I'm MINOR in a [key change] MAJOR kind of way :D
Oh my at the spelling mistake of "Hi and goodbye" I have to correct it :D

I love "Firefly", somehow I didn't just listen to it too much anymore. My lists are always constantly changing though.

I just reminded myself of the gloriousness of "Heartbreak Lullaby" I must been out of my mind to ignore it, I cofused it with "Sugar Rush" :confused:

Oh my at the spelling mistake of "Hi and goodbye" I have to correct it :D

I love "Firefly", somehow I didn't just listen to it too much anymore. My lists are always constantly changing though.

I just reminded myself of the gloriousness of "Heartbreak Lullaby" I must been out of my mind to ignore it, I cofused it with "Sugar Rush" :confused:
The spelling mistake certainly added a new slant to the song... :D

"Sugar Rush" is a gem too, it never drops out of my Top 10. "Heartbreak..." is just fabulous, though I much prefer the ballad version to the danced up single mix.

Having said all this, there is a fair amount of dross on their albums and the less said about "One Night In Bangkok" the better.

When they were good, though, they were very, very good - better than Steps, better than S Club, BETTER THAN SCOOCH :o

The Greatest hits is only 5,95 € at Cdon

I will order tonight :o

I don't KNOW whether they better than Steps, or maybe S Club, let's just say they were VERY good.

And CTP should've won Sweden the ESC. :evil:

Ugh, don't like Shangri-La.

The key change on Morning Light is brilliant, though :D

1. Firefly
2. Halfway round the world
3. Floorfiller
4. Upside down
5. Sugar Rush

I think it's time for a bit more A*Teens appreciation around here. I dug out "Pop Til You Drop" today for NO APPARENT REASON and it perked up the working day an ABSOLUTE TREAT...

...though I still think "Halfway Round The World" is the best song EVER MADE. Ish...

'Closer To Perfection' is just an astonishing piece of pop music.

Never a truer word spoken.

I cannot think of one single solitary thing I would do to change it, save make it a #1 hit all over the world.

Top Ten for me:

1. Closer to Perfection
2. Mamma Mia (don't ask why)
3. For All That I Am
4. Floorfiller
5. Back For More
6. Morning Light
7. I Promised Myself
8. Rockin'
9. One Night in Bangkok
10. Our Last Summer

The only one of their ABBA covers I like is Super Trouper because it has a bit more OOMPH than the original. I mean I know it makes a mockery of the lyrics but still, that song has a GREAT pop chorus and a generic 90's casio backing and a beefed up key change is a WORTHY alternative. :D

The only one of their ABBA covers I like is Super Trouper because it has a bit more OOMPH than the original. I mean I know it makes a mockery of the lyrics but still, that song has a GREAT pop chorus and a generic 90's casio backing and a beefed up key change is a WORTHY alternative. :D

I actually totally agree. I was never a big fan of Abba's Super Trouper. Something about the A Teens version actually elevated it for me.

I'd forgotten ALL ABOUT 'Closer To Perfection' until I clicked on this. Thanks, Moopy folk.

I might just BUY "The Abba Generation", despite the fact that I've NEVER HAD A NEED FOR IT BEFORE and probably won't EVER PLAY IT :disco:

I love Upside Down, and even better it makes me think of this classic thread.

https://www.moopy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44659

Faloola's version of "Upside Down" has taken the SHINE off the A*Teens I'm afraid... :disco:

oh God, you know when you're about 12 and you just really obsess over a song? I would play this again and again, and try and recreate the video. I think the joy at the time came because it gave the original I was familiar with this huge kick up the butt, and the hi-NRG beat I thought it needed. I was SO excited when it was realised in England, and I bought several copies of the single and tried to promote them in my class.

I remember this girl in my class came over to me and said "If anyone else liked the A Teens as much as you I would think they were gay, but I guess it's cos you're Swedish you just can't help liking Swedish stuff or whatever"

yeah, well, Lydia...:shy:

I might just BUY "The Abba Generation", despite the fact that I've NEVER HAD A NEED FOR IT BEFORE and probably won't EVER PLAY IT :disco:
some versions are absolutely awful , and you just wonder WHY, whereas about half the album is pretty good for what it is...

I remember this girl in my class came over to me and said "If anyone else liked the A Teens as much as you I would think they were gay, but I guess it's cos you're Swedish you just can't help liking Swedish stuff or whatever"

yeah, well, Lydia...:shy:

GAY BOY.

I believe 'The ABBA Generation' is on Spotify, I will give it a digital spin this week at some point.

In general though, most of the A*Teens stuff really hasn't dated at all. It should be pillaged for up and coming acts asap.

2. Can't Help Falling In Love (guilty pleasure, sorry!)

That's my number ONE A*Teens song. I just love the way it builds and goes into complete and utter vocal madness towards the end. :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom