A thread about SHEENA EASTON

There's this new record company called Cherry Pop Records which is apparently devoted to re-issuing 'classic 80s pop albums'. Anyway, for reasons best known to themselves the first two they've released have been LaToya Jackson's debut and The Lover In Me. They won't last six months! :D

OMG, it's the "CURSE OF VoR" in REVERSE!

In rather surprising news, "42nd Street" is really very bloody good and Sheena acquits herself ADMIRABLY.

I've just picked up "Best Keep Secret", her pre-Prince funk out from 1983, on vinyl and its a JOY!

Last edited:
I've been listening to her all morning (yes, inspired by the Karaoke video yesterday) and I have to say Telefone (Long Distance Love Affair) is :disco: :disco: and underrated. As is What Comes Naturally

Reactions: COB
1651183231376.png

(Debated whether to pop this in the RSD thread but decided on here)

So finally getting around to playing my RSD spoils today and this went on first- and it's SO FUCKING GOOD. The first disc is proper magnificent- the mixes of Telefone, Strut and Sugar Walls on Side 1 are worth the entry fee alone- but the unreleased stuff on the second disc (she had a few cancelled singles in 1986 which had 12" mixes of them and there is a 1989 remix of Ice Out In The Rain, which was a cancelled single from her Greatest Hits of the time) is really a delicious surprise too.

NOW THIS IS THE SORT OF CASH-IN RSD CONTENT I CAN GET ON BOARD WITH :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom