ABBA Voyage Chart tracker RECORD BREAKING NO.1 ALBUM

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
@lolly you're normally good for an update.

I presume they're a shoe in for UK no.1, Sheeran streaming aside.

US no.1 would be sensational. Is it likely? I know @RJN was discussing their increased stock over there since Mamma Mia.

Reactions: RJN
I read in the US they are projected to be #1 on pure sales, but #2 behind Summer Walker (no idea) overall.

According to Hits Daily Double, the new ABBA album may sell 70-80K US copies during the November 5-11 tracking period. With units from track sales and streams included, it may generate 75-85K in total activity.
[...]

The top spot should instead belong to Summer Walker’s “Still Over It,” which Hits projects will do 185-210K in total units. About 9-12K will come from album sales, with the remaining stemming from track sales and streams (primarily streams).

I fully imagine Agnetha and Frida won't even bother finding out, unless Bjorn or Benny tells them :D

It probably didn't help that the US was pretty resistant to CDs for a long time, in terms of Billboard changing the chart.

I'm gonna hazard a guess that it will stick around in the UK top 10 up until new year.

I'm gonna hazard a guess that it will stick around in the UK top 10 up until new year.

You would think but it’ll be interesting to see whether loon sales have been responsible for a lot of the pre-orders.

And I think it will collapse after Christmas for sure.

Yes, it's not going to have the streaming legs to support it when the sales drop off.

Who on earth is Summer Walker?
A pretty massive r&b singer. She’s had the whole top 20 on Apple Music basically.

I think number 2 would be very impressive for ABBA. I kind of wish it was number one but it’s more important for Summer’s career

I wouldn’t have thought ABBA Gold would have gone top ten, but it is 6x platinum here.

I read that she was a 'problematic anti vaxxer', but decided not to delve into that cesspit.

I read that she was a 'problematic anti vaxxer', but decided not to delve into that cesspit.

Now that I’ve read more about this... ABBA for number one! Apparently she put on her Instagram story for vaccinated people to stay away from her? And then wasn’t allowed at the BET awards because she wasn’t vaccinated

Actually it looks like those may just be Friday sales whereas Ed was on 84k by Monday (albeit missing HMV sales from Friday)

Any update (on either side of the atlantic) on poor old Diana Ross yet?

Meeting friends is a very interesting activity. New friends can share the beautiful island experience. Such a relationship is very suitable for social distancing. This process is like a game to show off your carefully crafted work to your friends. Prepare everything and open the gate to show that your island is ready to welcome tourists. If you want to prepare more surprises, players can also go to the ACBellsBuy website and choose Buy ACNH Bells. If visitors covet your blue roses on their first trip, they will be lucky enough to dig them as best friends when visiting your island in the future.

Meeting friends is a very interesting activity. New friends can share the beautiful island experience. Such a relationship is very suitable for social distancing. This process is like a game to show off your carefully crafted work to your friends. Prepare everything and open the gate to show that your island is ready to welcome tourists. If you want to prepare more surprises, players can also go to the ACBellsBuy website and choose Buy ACNH Bells. If visitors covet your blue roses on their first trip, they will be lucky enough to dig them as best friends when visiting your island in the future.

Hello :)

• Care
Reactions: Hak
Nice to see ABBA’s lyrics haven’t lost their melancholy edge.

Looks like they should beat Ed’s first week sales then let alone his second (he was on 84k this time last week).

Although a lot of their sales will presumably be from physical preorders whereas Ed does well on the old streaming. But I think they'll do it

Although a lot of their sales will presumably be from physical preorders whereas Ed does well on the old streaming. But I think they'll do it

From ukmix

Sheeran achieved his latest chart feat with 94,527 physical sales, including 11,644 vinyl copies. Curiously, his download tally of 19,294 was not far off the streaming-equivalent sales of 25,286. Although that’s a strong result on DSPs, it underlines the week one impact of ÷ almost five years ago with 78,944 streams and a massive opening total of 671,542. Of course, the market has shifted away from pure sales since 2017.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Hak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom