ABBA Voyage: The Concert Residency – CONTAINS MAJOR SET LIST SPOILERS

They’d have to get Newham’s permission or move. They don’t have planning permission for the Pudding Mill Lane site past 2025.

Surely Newham's got nothing better for that strip of waste land than a CGI ABBA SHOW?

Disabled day for me and OLD ANN today. I thought the disabled experience was fantastic- priority no queuing, much love for the pleasant but not patronising Josh, the Accessibility Co-Ordinator who came to check on us, the view was great, my Mum loved the whole thing. My only complaint is that with a wheelchair, it’s hard to do anything other than go to your seat- there’s nowhere to sit easily or perch where you’re not in the way of other people. (@lolly for info). It was wonderful to see her enjoying herself- she waved her arms, sang along, clapped her hands and asked me to help her up for Dancing Queen at which she clung onto the barrier and teetered about dangerously for the entire song before almost falling over when she went to applaud. :D It did make me cry a little bit- I always wonder if that’s the last time I’ll see her like that.

As for the show itself, you feel very “in it” in the disabled section, but it means you don’t necessarily see it all. What astonished me was how “real” the Abbatars look from the front- from the side it was a lot flatter, less 3D, and you could almost see the joins in a way. From the front it looked like entirely real.

I didn’t think the crowd atmosphere was as good for this gig- no one danced to Lay All Your Love On Me and Summer Night City, for example, but at ours they were up and going for it. This crowd seemed to prefer piano Abba- SOS, Waterloo went down so, so well- but the highlight seemed to be seeing the crowd properly loving Chiquitita. It became an amazing singalong experience sat behind the dance floor all waving their hands- the song never bothered me before, but it was great today!

Anyway, here’s me and the old girl at the station waiting for the DLR because I forgot to book blue badge parking. Remarkably smooth and easy- and she even enjoyed it, remarking “it’s been years since I’ve been on a train”. She also leant over and said “well that was a bloody waste of time” after the cartoon of Eagle and “oh not HIM AGAIN” at Voulez Vous, so 81 or not, she still knows WHAT’S WHAT and can give SHORT SHRIFT accordingly. My work here is done. :disco:

6579EC70-8BA8-4F4A-B27F-DB3DD41E7E89.jpeg

Oh and it really is fucking weirdly disturbing* about just how much I want to have sex with Lay All Your Love On Me Abbatar Benny. I mean, I’d let Björn have a go with that slicked back hair too, but I am genuinely going to crack one out about the memory of Benny at some point, I think.

*- I poorly typed that at first and it autocorrected to “fissuring”. Debated leaving it to be honest.

Bloody hell that post made me a bit emotional. I should probably take my mum - she loves a bit of Abba.

• Love
Reactions: LTZ
I’m taking my Mum but she keeps worrying that it will be too loud. She’s half deaf anyway!

She also was very adamant she would not do the dance floor (understandably) so it’s centre block, lower tiers ONLY.

I’m taking my Mum but she keeps worrying that it will be too loud. She’s half deaf anyway!

She also was very adamant she would not do the dance floor (understandably) so it’s centre block, lower tiers ONLY.
This is my worry. My mum has hearing aids but she can hear without them, albeit not as well. I'm just concerned about that aspect.

I am sure she'd love it otherwise.

I also thought it was very much louder in the centre than on the sides but my Ma didn’t mean to mind.

We had an older woman come out next to us halfway through who had left the dance floor because she said it was unbearably warm. She tried to engage my Mum in conversation at the end and when I got back from getting the wheelchair and I asked her to move aside so we could get my Mum in it, my Mum said “thank fuck for that, she was getting on my TITS!” entirely in earshot. :D

I found the dance floor very hot and earsplitting back in June when it wasn’t really warm outside at all. She usually worries a lot in advance and then has a right old time, so I hope it will be fine.

@Sheena did there appear to rules about how many people could accompany the wheelchair user or otherwise disabled?

@Sheena did there appear to rules about how many people could accompany the wheelchair user or otherwise disabled?

So for me, I was there as a registered carer so I had a free ticket and you can only have one. To do that you need proof (various things you can use- I had a doctor letter saying she needed a carer present) and you register with Ticketmaster and it lasts two years for all gigs. I wasn’t paying attention but I think everyone in the disabled section was just 1 + 1.

So for me, I was there as a registered carer so I had a free ticket and you can only have one. To do that you need proof (various things you can use- I had a doctor letter saying she needed a carer present) and you register with Ticketmaster and it lasts two years for all gigs. I wasn’t paying attention but I think everyone in the disabled section was just 1 + 1.
Thanks!

Oh and it really is fucking weirdly disturbing* about just how much I want to have sex with Lay All Your Love On Me Abbatar Benny. I mean, I’d let Björn have a go with that slicked back hair too, but I am genuinely going to crack one out about the memory of Benny at some point, I think.

*- I poorly typed that at first and it autocorrected to “fissuring”. Debated leaving it to be honest.
So true - me, Isabelle and Isabelle’s mum all sat there having simultaneous minge twinges

Is that a You Won’t Forget About Me reference? :D

I would’ve gone for something like “We were BEGINNING TO WONDER when Dannii Minogue would grace us with her presence”.

Is that a You Won’t Forget About Me reference? :D

I would’ve gone for something like “We were BEGINNING TO WONDER when Dannii Minogue would grace us with her presence”.
I checked and it is a track on Love and Kisses !

I actually am meant to be going next Sunday so I was a bit worried for a minute!

Was there a show last night?
Yes. They turned the exterior lights off at the arena, there was no bar or merch stall, and there was a minute’s silence before the show began.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom