Admin Requests

@Administrator Is there anyway we could have something where when we don’t have to select the next page to move to the next page, and it automatically moves to the next page when you scroll down? This would be useful when you are reading back a long thread.

@Administrator Is there anyway we could have something where when we don’t have to select the next page to move to the next page, and it automatically moves to the next page when you scroll down? This would be useful when you are reading back a long thread.
They might need help: @Harry Potter

I thought this might be impossible, but actually https://xenforo.com/community/resources/021-unlimited-scroll.7561/ might do exactly that.

I won't get chance to look until tomorrow - other admins might have chance to test it before.

I suspect it would change the user experience for everyone though, so we'd need to see what everyone thinks.

I thought what Kala was asking was magic :D I would hate it tho, as much as live threads, that I have disabled.

Do we know any forums which have it already so we can have a look at how it works ?

I suspect it would change the user experience for everyone though, so we'd need to see what everyone
I suspect it would be more of a detriment than a bonus.

But like lolly said, let's see it in action.

It is installed and in action, there is no way to make it per-user so it would have to apply site wide.

I'll leave it on for now for feedback

It definitely sounds like something I would disable immediately, just like live threads. I like knowing exactly there I am in a thread, so would find this confusing :(

Checking in the sorbvision thread... it's a NIGHTMARE, you don't know at what point of the thread you are, you can't see number of pages... I hope this is over before sorbvision part 2 🙏

It's on in the Sorbvision thread? I'm still having to choose pages.

I suspect it would change the user experience for everyone though, so we'd need to see what everyone thinks.

:evil:

im-not-good-with-change-i-dont-deal-well-with-change.gif

It's on in the Sorbvision thread? I'm still having to choose pages.
When you go to the bottom of the page doesn't it move to the posts in the next page? It takes some time tho, to make your experience still more unpleasant.

It’s not refreshing to the next page for me. When I scroll to the very bottom it refreshes into the middle of the same page.

Also if it did do what is being requested, wouldn’t it be annoying if you were in the middle of reading the bottom post and moopy was like OH YOU’RE AT THE BOTTOM NOW NEXT PAGE YOU’RE WELCOME before you’ve even finished, that would be irritating

I don't think I can express how much I hate this :D It's also making the blue 'messages have been posted' thing pop up for me just like when live threads were enabled, it's terrible!

It’s not refreshing to the next page for me. When I scroll to the very bottom it refreshes into the middle of the same page.

Also if it did do what is being requested, wouldn’t it be annoying if you were in the middle of reading the bottom post and moopy was like OH YOU’RE AT THE BOTTOM NOW NEXT PAGE YOU’RE WELCOME before you’ve even finished, that would be irritating
It doesn't refresh to the middle of the same page. It adds the next page onto the bottom of the page you're reading, so you are now in the middle of a page that has twice as many posts.

I don't hate it, but I don't think it really adds anything. It may be useful if I'm reading Moopy whilst too drunk to accurately click on the page numbers.

It doesn't refresh to the middle of the same page. It adds the next page onto the bottom of the page you're reading, so you are now in the middle of a page that has twice as many posts.

I don't hate it, but I don't think it really adds anything. It may be useful if I'm reading Moopy whilst too drunk to accurately click on the page numbers.

Ah.

That’s irritating to me in the same way that live threads add new posts to the bottom of the page you’re reading even though there might be other posts you haven’t read yet (if you’re behind) but live threads are an anomaly and I accept it has advantages

But this…. Nah. How do I disable please?

When you go to the bottom of the page doesn't it move to the posts in the next page? It takes some time tho, to make your experience still more unpleasant.
No, I'm on page one and it's staying at page one when I scroll to the bottom of the page (i.e. post #40). I have to scroll back up to the top to change page.

How do I disable please?
You don't. It has no way to pick who gets it and who doesn't, so it is all or nothing.

I will leave it a little longer (hopefully so @Kala can experience the pain he has inflicted on us all) but I don't think there is good reason to keep it.

You don't. It has no way to pick who gets it and who doesn't, so it is all or nothing.

I will leave it a little longer (hopefully so @Kala can experience the pain he has inflicted on us all) but I don't think there is good reason to keep it.
Is it on in every thread?

Nothing is different for me. Except as I said, there's no option to move forward or back through pages at the bottom of the thread now. I have to scroll back up to the top.

Nothing is different for me. Except as I said, there's no option to move forward or back through pages at the bottom of the thread now. I have to scroll back up to the top.
How weird, I have no idea why it isn't working out the box for you then.

I both like it and hate it. I don't think i'd want to keep it unless it was optional.

Kala please do the right thing :)

It might work better on desktop but on mobile it’s fucking horrible.

It'll be quite funny if Kala is like me and can't experience the HAVOC HE'S WREAKED :D

The reasoning behind my suggestion was more for when you are reading a thread from the start which has 46 pages, or there’s been say 10 pages of new posts since you have looked last at a thread. Having to click next page X times to get to the end of a thread is quite cumbersome when endless scrolling would be a seamless process and all you have to do is to keep scrolling to get to the end of a thread.

I have looked at it and it’s fine for me but it’s like when Facebook makes changes. Most people hate it. So I am happy to go with what everyone thinks.
I guess one way around this would be to increase the number of posts on a thread - perhaps 100 or so could be an option. I think it’s 40 right now and I don’t think that’s enough.

The reasoning behind my suggestion was more for when you are reading a thread from the start which has 46 pages, or there’s been say 10 pages of new posts since you have looked last at a thread. Having to click next page X times to get to the end of a thread is quite cumbersome when endless scrolling would be a seamless process and all you have to do is to keep scrolling to get to the end of a thread.

I have looked at it and it’s fine for me but it’s like when Facebook makes changes. Most people hate it. So I am happy to go with what everyone thinks.
I guess one way around this would be to increase the number of posts on a thread - perhaps 100 or so could be an option. I think it’s 40 right now and I don’t think that’s enough.
Oh thank god, he's seen it, so I've turned the addon back off.

I must say I have been tempted to up the posts per page myself, 40 does seem a bit low, so would be happy to hear if there is support or objection to this.

fair enough but I don’t think half an hour is enough time to test things. Sometimes things take a bit of getting used to. We all remember our first bottoming experience, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom