Agnes - Fingers Crossed

Jark

User
single coming Friday

new art direction - new sound? I'd happily take more of what we were getting before though

@ameraal

Last edited:
is it a song, ep, album?

blimey, she delivered with Nothing Can Compare!

Looks artsy :disco:

Agnes really needs an album to cap off the glorious (for discerning internet gays) comeback.

Are you THAT SOMEBODY?
ARE YOU?
:disco:

Have Sweden woken up to the Agnes comeback yet? If they haven't after this there is really no hope.

Totally here for an Agnes comeback

In a better alternative universe she would’ve had Dua’s 2020 after that Gay Awards perf.

don’t really like the main lyric, that chorus could be latter-day Madonna. Like the rest though

Fingers Crossed? I don't know who the competition is even supposed to be these days, but they're all screaming "peanuts".

Does it contain traces of something? I swear I'm hearing a familiar sample in there.

It actually sounds like a grower too. It's on the 8.5 for me just now.

This is great! Sounds like a grower too.

Apparently we have another EP coming up featuring this and Good Life, with a possible third after that.

I have this artwork on Spotify, which I much prefer 'cos she looks like the actual Pope

this is not bad and I appreciate the switch-up in pace/energy but it's clearly nothing on Limelight/Nothing Compares

I have this artwork on Spotify, which I much prefer 'cos she looks like the actual Pope

this is not bad and I appreciate the switch-up in pace/energy but it's clearly nothing on Limelight/Nothing Compares

the Pope of Pop :disco:

LITERALLY FANTASTIC

What on earth does she have to do to get noticed FFS?

Reactions: LTZ
I'm genuinely baffled. It's not even like she's that old!

I can only think she doesn't have the best management/record label support when it comes to getting local radio play.

I will say I think this is a bit less special than Goodlife. The chorus feels a bit low-impact. Sure it'll grow though.

The chorus on this one feels... underwritten. I felt like that about Goodlife too tbh.

It's a bit closer to obvious pop (like that's a bad thing) compared to the more slightly more innovative subtle affairs we've become accustomed to of late.

Why is she not a very big pop star?

THE STRINGS!

This is definitely a grower, like Good Life was. I think they’re definitely companions in the sense that they’re both “warmer” than the synthy releases on the previous EP.

I'm genuinely baffled. It's not even like she's that old!

I can only think she doesn't have the best management/record label support when it comes to getting local radio play.

It looks like she’s releasing all of the new stuff herself which might go some way to explaining.

her streams have more or less been growing steadily with each release though -

850k I Trance
1.2m Limelight
2.0m Nothing Can Compare
1.6m Goodlife

for somebody only famous in Sweden now it's not BAD

How much money would she make from that? We need to keep her in heels and hairspray x

Reactions: LTZ
from 6m streams she (if independent) would probably get about £30k back to distribute among songwriters, producers etc :D she might be shopping Zara for a while hun

Hope she’s got a cash in hand cleaning job on the side

her streams have more or less been growing steadily with each release though -

850k I Trance
1.2m Limelight
2.0m Nothing Can Compare
1.6m Goodlife

for somebody only famous in Sweden now it's not BAD

It's not awful, but Swedes use Spotify more than just about anybody. Lots of big-in-Sweden artists routinely rack up 20-30+ million streams even for modest hits that do nothing abroad.

I quite like this but prefer the full songs on the first EP. If someone could tell me what the chorus is a blatant copy of I’d be grateful, it does my head in trying to think of it each time I hear this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom