Agnes - Magic Still Exists (+ Here Comes The Night)

Iconic woman clearing the plates had just spent three years at Swedish RADA, and she was going to be damned if she didn’t appear on-screen at least once working this shift

incredible song, incredible singer. Could this still become the huge hit it should have been ?

Last edited:
incredible song, incredible singer. Could this still become the huge it should have been ?
That would be nice, and throughly deserved (it’s the best pop song of the last few years), but I don’t see how it is ever going to find a way to break through.

Reactions: LTZ
I just hope she doesn’t get discouraged and does a Loreen on us .. although it must be extremely discouraging making the best album of the year and the best music of your career and not having the deserved recognition ( at least sales wise)

just put this on after 2 or 3 weeks of not listening to it and MY GOD it’s still the BEST! I love this album so much and simply can’t seem to get tired of it. I wonder what her plans are for new music ..

If you wanna get lost together
In the after dark!

1660930939757.png

Nice that Love And Appreciation is having a moment in the sun, but I had dared to dream we might be approaching a new Agnes era

Is a "visualizer" basically codeword for one step better than a lyric video?

she's pregnant with her first child. no word yet on whether an album is also being birthed, or if this is not in fact a double pregnancy.

bumping this thread because I’m sitting at home on the couch with an empty wine bottle next to me and listening to this and it still sounds BRILLIANT. Nothing has come close since it came out. Best Album of the last 10 years .

I don't rate it quite that highly but it was a beautiful culmination of the long drop feed of singles as she found and refined her new sound. I hope for a full length album next time.

• Love
I love (love love) the album but I think overall Dance Love Pop is probably my favourite Agnes set still. The problem with following three 11/10 singles is that nothing is ever going to be quite as good, so it doesn’t feel like the package itself is right up there, but in anybody else’s world, let’s face it, it’s an insanely good record.

IMPROMPTU AGNES TOP TEN:

1. Here Comes The Night
2. Fingers Crossed
3. On and On (UK Remix)
4. Release Me
5. iTrance
6. 24 Hours
7. Big Blue Wall (Dance Version)
8. Limelight
9. One Last Time (Dance Version)
10.Don’t Go Breaking My Heart

WHY IS SHE SO FUCKING GOOD AND YET SO IGNORED?

01 Nothing Can Compare
02 Love and Appreciation
03 Limelight
04 One Last Time
05 24 Hours
06 Got Me Good
07 You're Like God
08 Into the Sun
09 Here Comes the Night
10 Watching it Burn

It just works so incredibly well as an album for me. I was a little bit disappointed initially by the lack of new songs, and the interludes felt like filler .. also, none of the new songs came close to the genius of 24 and night .. but with a few repeated listens everything fell into place. Every single moment on this is so perfectly considered.. from the euphoric beginning of Spiritual Awakening to the last notes of Magic Still Exists. I keep discovering new bits and details, even after months of listening to this, which only ever happens rarely now: most of the times I grow tired of albums fairly quickly and end up with two or three fave tracks on a playlist.

Was I silent or was I silenced?

I can’t remember, but the point is, I really need to stan “You Rain” right now ☔

Last edited:
Double pregnant :o

I’m miles behind but 2 years after getting my tits blown off by that QX Award medley, I finally got the Nothing Can Compare EP and Here Comes the Night.

I need the album to bed in a bit more but that EP is just :disco:

I’m going through some kind of psychological change in my lllife!!

I’m bumping this thread simply because I’ve had a bottle of wine and I’m listening to Magic Still exists and it still hits like it did a year ago when it came out!
She’s working on new music apparently.. she told me on Insta .. and I cannot wait 💕

I’m so delighted at what a supreme SERVE this album and the iTrance EP are.

Maybe the only weak link is Love & Appreciation being a bit meh but still, what a tight selection, and the balls to throw it all out for that last piano title track!

I love Robyn to bits but this is very belatedly the album I wanted Honey to be

Listening to this on a friday night and it STILL sounds INCREDIBLE. It might just be my favourite album ever now .. cannot wait to see what she comes up with next , but she hasn’t put a foot wrong since Veritas so I’m not too worried

Just put on Magic Still Exists after a while away from it and just listening to the opening bars gave me such a RUSH. This still sound brilliant after all this time.
THE
SOUL
HAS
NO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom