Alec Baldwin Discharges Prop Gun - Kills Cinematographer/Injures Director

I don't know whether to feel for Alec Baldwin or not.

Sadly we need a gory blow by glow account to really understand.

The discourse around this will run and run, I expect.

I don't know whether to feel for Alec Baldwin or not.

Sadly we need a gory blow by glow account to really understand.

The discourse around this will run and run, I expect.

:D why wouldn’t you? I don’t think he killed everyone on purpose!

14270E18-90BD-4BE1-B847-042405AD146F.jpeg

Just reading through some of the replies to his tweets.

• Wow
Reactions: COB
So a blank couldn’t actually do that amount of damage. They are thinking it had to be loaded with live ammunition. :o

they're saying it did contain a single live round, no?

apparently there were three prop guns on a table outside the church set they were shooting in, and the AD went outside and took one at random for Alec to fire in the scene, but didn't check it first.

they're saying it did contain a single live round, no?

apparently there were three prop guns on a table outside the church set they were shooting in, and the AD went outside and took one at random for Alec to fire in the scene, but didn't check it first.

@Iguana and @RJN's dad to confirm whether the AD is GOING DOWN for this :(

Apparently they had live rounds because the cast were doing target practice with the guns outside of filming.

It’s seems like bad news for everyone legally. One of the most basic rules of gun safety is that every gun is loaded until you have checked it yourself, even if you have been told that it isn’t. If the AD or Baldwin didn’t know that, they shouldn’t have been handling a gun.

It’s seems like bad news for everyone legally. One of the most basic rules of gun safety is that every gun is loaded until you have checked it yourself, even if you have been told that it isn’t. If the AD or Baldwin didn’t know that, they shouldn’t have been handling a gun.
I don't imagine actors regularly (or ever) check the guns themselves. these are people doing countless takes across a day, that's not their job to do.

I don't imagine actors regularly (or ever) check the guns themselves. these are people doing countless takes across a day, that's not their job to do.
I'm sure it's not their job to check every time, but a responsible gun user would absolutely do so anyway.

WELL, apparently the person who’s job it was to check was only on her second professional job and had said in an interview before hand that she felt way in above her head. Her Dad is apparently the top of the game in that field and she followed in his footsteps in that career.

I don’t think one person is entirely responsible, it seems the armourour, AD, and Alec all made mistakes, which in turn were probably influenced by the production being a complete disaster. The armorour probably should’ve been fired after the misfires that happened before this, but probably wasn’t due to every other member of production walking off set.

And yes Alec probably expected to have the gun checked for him, but several incidents had already happened on the set, and he was aiming it DIRECTLY at someone, why wouldn’t you TRIPLE CHECK in that circumstance!

I don’t think one person is entirely responsible, it seems the armourour, AD, and Alec all made mistakes, which in turn were probably influenced by the production being a complete disaster. The armorour probably should’ve been fired after the misfires that happened before this, but probably wasn’t due to every other member of production walking off set.

The armourer! That’s it!

From the presumably extremely reliable New York Post:

"The repercussions for Baldwin — the film’s executive producer — could even include negligent manslaughter charges, according to Joseph Costa, an attorney with Costa Law in Los Angeles."

Omg I'm entirely vindicated, thank you Joseph

From the presumably extremely reliable New York Post:

"The repercussions for Baldwin — the film’s executive producer — could even include negligent manslaughter charges, according to Joseph Costa, an attorney with Costa Law in Los Angeles."

Omg I'm entirely vindicated, thank you Joseph

But it’s because he’s the executive producer, not because he literally fired the gun. So not entirely vindicated

Isn’t he a full on producer? Exec Producers don’t really do much.
It really varies from production to production,.

Some cast members are also producers just for the pay bump or for a bit more creative control of a project, rather than being responsible for the crew (and their conditions/safety)

However, Baldwin set up the production company that this was being made by so he almost certainly be considered a decision maker (and therefore, liable)

You’d assume this job would require some sort of training/certification with firearms usage/safety but apparently not.

America and guns, the original toxic relationship

she sounds like an absolute fucking liability and I hope she'll be prosecuted.

It's kind of insensitive to both Baldwin and the victim's family for Stephanopoulos to ask questions such as How do you come to terms with that when that is a homicide and everything's still so fresh. Unless Baldwin's PR team got involved and pushed for an interview for closure purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom