All Saints - One Strike [2016 Comeback Single]

Why's this dUb all up in my ass?

• Total voters
I really like it, but the transition from verse to chorus is so jarring.

I think this is quite lovely - nice and understated, as it should be.

Loving this, the intro and the crescendo of their harmonies on the "silently numb, I'm waiting for the storm to come" refrain before sinking into the chorus gave me chills. The production is great; glacial and melodic. It hits all the right notes for me.

Chart wise they'll surely be doomed in a streaming world, whatever the release schedule?

So long as it gets some strong play on Radio 2 then the album should shoot top ten (I'd say 8-10k first week would be about right) and they can spend the year performing.

If Studio 1 only just scraped top 40 off the back of an airplay number one then this is going to need to do a lot more than that to get Red Flag any where near the top ten.

Last edited:
If Studio 1 only just scraped top 40 off the back of an airplay number one then this is going to need to do a lot more than that to get Red Flag any where near the top ten.

Not in a world where album sales are like they are.

What do you need to sell in an average week to get a top 10 album these days? I imagine 10-15k or so would be enough most weeks, wouldn't it?

This really is exactly what All Saints should sound like in 2016. It feels like a natural progression from their old stuff with a more modern, yet understated production.

Vocally, it sounds amazing. Those harmonies in the first verse are everything. That beautiful Middle 8 too. It's just so All Saints without trying to be anything else.

Sure, it's not going to be a bit hit but I can't see how anything they release ever could be. This should get them enough radio play to get them some reasonable ticket sales and festival slots.

Exactly. Studio One bombed but it was November so it sold about 12k or something, and I'd say the majority of those were fanbase rather than casual buyers. These days that would get you #5 or so, not #40.

If Blue can hit the top 10 on the standard 7-8k these days then the girls should have a chance, or at least a top 20.

Exactly. Studio One bombed but it was November so it sold about 12k or something, and I'd say the majority of those were fanbase rather than casual buyers. These days that would get you #5 or so, not #40.

If Blue can hit the top 10 on the standard 7-8k these days then the girls should have a chance, or at least a top 20.

They are back on Chris Evans on Friday for an acoustic session and interview which should give them a further boost.

#25 on iTunes now. Very impressed, I thought it may stall around #80-#100 and then sink out.

Yeah, I think there might be a bit more 'good will' towards them this time round too, it did seem a bit more forced last time, so hopefully the album can get a decent opening in the current climate. If Blue and Anastacia can manage top 10, there is a bit of hope for a top 10 album first week for them. Rock Steady was a big fat hit but it was all a bit of an anomaly with that campaign. This is going to be slightly different I feel, they will struggle to get a hit single but hopefully will be a bit more invested in the album in terms of shows and different forms of promo that last the year rather than just one single.

Good to see it doing OK on iTunes so far!

Is that definitely Natalie on the third solo towards the end? It's kind of spoken which makes me think it might be NICOLE, and it would make sense for her to have a part seeing as the song is written about her and Liam G.

Is that definitely Natalie on the third solo towards the end? It's kind of spoken which makes me think it might be NICOLE, and it would make sense for her to have a part seeing as the song is written about her and Liam G.

It's definitely Natalie!

Underwhelmed.
Guess my expectations were too high, same situation as with "Headlines". :(

Oh this tramples all over Headlines, pisses on its corpse and throws it in the ocean.

Last edited:
They're both nice songs. But I think I was more excited when I first heard 'Headlines' than listening to this.

I'm have an All Saints session but realised I left my first album in NZ.

If someone has a mo can they pop Under The Bridge/Lady Marmalade/Bootie Call into You Know Where? I've got everything else but am missing these.

Happy to pay with a gobby or something :)

I had a listen to this and really liked it though I thought shaznay's vocals were quite unrecognisable. Natalie's middle 8 was the best part, obviously.

Might have been the Brits though. Did they perform this morning? Back to #47 now which is pretty decent.

Might have been the Brits though. Did they perform this morning? Back to #47 now which is pretty decent.

That's a nice little rebound

Yeah they did One Strike this morning, aswell as Pure Shores, Never Ever and one other (?)

All are on youtube APART from one strike atm :(

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SbO9c_d0KPw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here it is

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i7g30cc9ILM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom