Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

If you take away every last bit of plant life lots of tarantulas will spawn worth 8,000 bells a piece

I caught 30 yesterday

but it’s so booooooring!
I was at the end of my rope anyway after 5 dogshit islands, I was just happy to salvage something.

tbh I realised I’m not actually THAT motivated to make money to pay my mortgage, I don’t have any particular ideas (or decent furniture!) to use extra rooms.

I guess I couldn’t use the attic to stop my turnips instead of filling up my side rooms.

I wish we could expand the current rooms a bit more instead

I managed to find a new villager on an island though, it was a mouse made of cheese, whatever next

I wasn’t particular into it, but he kept calling me “fromage” so I liked him :D

I like all the little words they add. I think it stems from a Japanese thing where people add a sort of 'flourish' to what they say.. see also FF moogles saying "kupo" after everything, Naruto with his "-ttebayo" / "believe it" etc

(Or I could be talking bollox)

I like all the little words they add. I think it stems from a Japanese thing where people add a sort of 'flourish' to what they say.. see also FF moogles saying "kupo" after everything, Naruto with his "-ttebayo" / "believe it" etc

(Or I could be talking bollox)

What would be yours?

none of the animals has asked me to change theirs yet. I don’t know why Rowan the gym tiger always says “mango”

Presumably I’ll teach someone YASSSS

What would be yours?

none of the animals has asked me to change theirs yet. I don’t know why Rowan the gym tiger always says “mango”

Presumably I’ll teach someone YASSSS

Sugarcube

Didn't know you could change them!

Oh I do the sneak thing, I just hoped there was a more time efficient method :)

I finally got some Mums (although no white yet and I don't think red and yellow spawn white), but now I've realised I don't have any lilies. I wish plucking the buds could plant the flower too, it would be so much easier. I think breeding flowers will be my new thing to focus on, but I'm not quite sure how to arrange them yet (I'm going with long columns of 2 in a row for now as it's easier to spot bugs).

Feel free to pick up some white from my Island.

Bought for 96.

Mon AM: 095
Mon PM: 125
Tue AM: 135
Tue PM: 142
Wed AM: 139
Wed PM: 076
Thu AM: 72
Thu PM: 069
Fri AM: 064
Fri PM: 060

These are not good innings. I don't think I'll ever use my own prices ever again at these rates.

Feel free to pick up some white from my Island.

Thanks. I got some during another AC all-nighter (I've got to stop doing this).

A lot of people seem to have time travelled and have an upgrade we are supposed to get day 30 (that's not a super spoiler, but I will leave it to mild surprise, which is arguably this game's pleasure).

Thanks. I got some during another AC all-nighter (I've got to stop doing this).

A lot of people seem to have time travelled and have an upgrade we are supposed to get day 30 (that's not a super spoiler, but I will leave it to mild surprise, which is arguably this game's pleasure).

SO MANY TIME TRAVELERS.

But I guess that's just part of the "everything now, everything immediately" society we live in these days. Waiting for an album release, waiting for a game upgrade just isn't fashionable.

Apoca and me in the grumpy old guard

ok bought turnips at 92, it decreased gradually down to 27, jumped to 108 last night, sank to 96 this morning and went up to a peak of 128 this evening.

can someone evaluate my nips? I’m worried about a financial crisis

Turnips are 494 bells on my island. My gates are open if anyone is interested, PM for a dodo code.

I just sold mine this morning when they went to 170 (bought for 100) as it was the first time I'd seen them go past about 75....

As for time travelling I have friends who do it and I just don't see the point. Yay you have a nice island, did you earn it? NO. It bypasses actually having a game to play, the sense of achievement and the bragging rights...

Another Saturday afternoon with rock-bottom Turnip prices. :evil: Can anybody do a Nancy Sinatra and open up their gate?

My Cristina Milian was 59 and 53. Jesus.

I'm guessing tomorrow we will get the permit for the shop upgrade and day 30 is the opening? I've had to move my old one (50,000 bells), so that I can move it one block to the right, which has cost the same... all so I can plant trees to create my hip hideaway lane for my island's latest pop-up cafe.

Reactions: dUb
I think it’s 30 days from when you first get the shop, maybe that’s like day 32 if you’re at top speed? Not sure

Btw when anyone talks about opening the gates I just feel like

TELL the guards to OPEN up.... the GAAAAATES

THEEEE GAAAAAAATTESSSSSS!!

I always get 'Some Velvet Morning' in my head, hence the Nancy Sinatra reference.

Reactions: GNL
When I started out I put all the houses together in a little neighbourhood, but now i feel they're so tightly packed and don't have any room for a yard or decorations or anything.

I think I'm going to spread them out a little seeing as about a third of my island is currently empty. I just hate how much you have to pay to move a building. I already broke the bank setting up my beachside retail district.

How does one time travel?

I think I'm well behind everyone else, I don't even have my 2nd bridge yet! But why is everything so damn expensive. I've just paid off my home extension (which amounts to a larger room with nothing to fill it with) and now I have to pick enough fucking cherries to pay 98000 bells for this bridge!

What's all the more frustrating is I'm paying for blimming everything! What are the other villagers doing? I got so mad I hit Shari with my net, and trapped her inside a fence hoping she'd be dead by morning - alas not!

Don’t do it!!! (It’s on your switch system settings)

I think we all need to think about what “behind” means. Not enough rooms? You said you’re not filling them up, neither am I, so what’s wrong?

my focus has been fishing and catching for the museum, and start to have ideas about how to design the island. If you can get a three star island, you can unlock the terraforming licence (I think), and put down paths. How about going in that direction?

I visited my friend’s island and caught a new bug, very exciting. Until I realised it’s Autumn in his island and it was EMBARGOED

I made poor Blathers an accessory

Yeah I'm anti-time travelling too. Currently have a 3 star island and have been banging away at cliffs and water features happily the past few days. It's actually gone from being a pleasant way to pass the time to being QUITE the passion project.

My island still looks shit compared to some of the ones I've seen on YouTube but I like it.

Anybody on 4 or 5 stars?

Incidentally I’m really starting to get tired of turnips. It’s like a constant “oh I haven’t checked it yet, shit is it 12pm?”

I don’t even make that much from them, maybe 30%?

but as soon as I stop someone will get 999 bells each or something and I’ll fume

now I have to pick enough fucking cherries to pay 98000 bells for this bridge!
Are cherries the only fruit you have? If so, you need some apples/oranges/pears/peaches as they're worth 500 bells each, being non native...

I have apples and pears handy at the moment if you'd like me to drop some off :)

Yeah I'm anti-time travelling too. Currently have a 3 star island and have been banging away at cliffs and water features happily the past few days. It's actually gone from being a pleasant way to pass the time to being QUITE the passion project.

My island still looks shit compared to some of the ones I've seen on YouTube but I like it.

Anybody on 4 or 5 stars?

mine isn’t bad but still 3 stars. I guess I’ve got to DISSEMINATE tat to every corner of the island, but it’s not like it’s a barren rock

Are cherries the only fruit you have? If so, you need some apples/oranges/pears as they're worth 500 bells each, being non native...

My native fruit is oranges. I now have cherries, peaches and coconuts. I've spent so many Nook Miles Tickets to other islands and never get anything else. I feel like I'm missing a trick.

Finally set up my campsite. Honestly Shari et al need to pull their fingers out and contribute!

Yeah, going up a star seems to involve having a certain number of shop-bought items displayed, Nook items, flowers, fences, etc. So just have to keep chugging away at it I SUPPOSE

My native fruit is oranges. I now have cherries, peaches and coconuts. I've spent so many Nook Miles Tickets to other islands and never get anything else. I feel like I'm missing a trick.
Oh ok! Yeah, I think the Nook Miles islands don't tend to offer new fruits. I find them handy for shaking the trees to get a new piece of furniture, and that's about it.

I've got 4 rooms in my house now and not planning on expanding til the island is more to my LIKING with bridges and inclines and stuff.

Does anyone have good turnip prices for me to use (it will be 6 visits :D)?

I was 140, but now it's 115 and I see where this is going. Definitely my last time doing this gambling malarky.

I'm too scared to time travel in case it irreversibly undoes something, but I do get frustrated when I see islands with so many items I haven't seen yet.

What's the point in breeding flowers? They're not worth more are they? I can't be arsed, but I suspect they probably count towards your star rating :gross:

What's the point in breeding flowers? They're not worth more are they? I can't be arsed, but I suspect they probably count towards your star rating :gross:

Some insects are spawned by hybrid flowers, and also they come in pretty colours :)

Btw you can apparently only get one other type of fruit from the nook islands other than your native. So maybe we can have a whip-round.

coconuts are only 250 each so it’s not really a substitute

Btw you can apparently only get one other type of fruit from the nook islands other than your native. So maybe we can have a whip-round.

coconuts are only 250 each so it’s not really a substitute
I have four types (though peaches were a gift from Mom)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom