Ariana Grande - Positions + marriage (and 1st divorce)

I really like the song. as a "re intro" before the public decides which song to blow up when the album comes next week it works really well. super fresh production, lovely melodies. 8.5/10

the video is terrible. stupid concept and shitty execution.

Oh I like the video and the 'flips' :D
It's just been done before (on No Tears and God Is A Woman) so much better. This video is random, like does it want to be funny? Is it just "what if Ariana was President omg yay!"? :eyes:

I like this. It’s catchy, and agree that it’s very early 2000s.

I quite like it but i can’t imagine anyone getting too excited by it

Oh I really like it. It's got a really nice smoothness to it. It helps that her voice has richness to it

I guess it's cute to play in the background during a fuck.

Anyway, let me get back to playing Mariah's back catalogue.
The Ariana/Mariah thing is fast becoming like the Madonna/Janet thing in the '90s. There's no need really. Not in 2020.

Last edited:
Any comparison between Mariah and Ariana always makes me chuckle. Mariah is a legendary vocalist who writes her own incredible songs, has a fabulous personality and oodles of charisma.

Ariana is a cute singer who writes generic, barely-there songs. She's very much typical of the kind of stars that have popped up in the last 10 years. i.e. Massively uninspiring and hugely lacking in star quality.

They're on good terms now - Mariah even liked Ariana's post about the single - so it's all MOOT

I mean let's compare David Bowie to Justin Bieber. They're both men right.

But we don't do that do we?

I was rooting for you Moopy! We were ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!! But I LEARRRRNNNNEDDDD

I mean, some queens are doing the most over a cute comparison, when Ariana has always cited Mariah as her inspiration.

All I know is that if they collaborate this Christmas, Mariah's birthday will be declared a public holiday.

It's because her voice is quite nasal. It blurs the words into each other.

I do love breathy vocals though.

ok Ari, but WHY? Like I said from the preview, "more of the same then" and there she goes and doubles it down.

I fucking hate this current trend which started about 2-3 years ago where artists release mediocre songs and then justify themselves by saying "oh it's a vibe, it's a mood" no it's not, you're just being lazy.

This song sounds like the 5th single either from Sweetener or thank u next, no progression and no growth, same schtick! At least others (ie Miley) shake things up a little to keep it interesting.

She is SERVING though, the looks, the aesthetics and the video are all top notch but Ari "beb", I hope this grows or I'll have to change my avatar (again! but later, I'm too lazy right now). :(

keeping with the Mariah comparisons, I can't believe she just went from her Butterfly straight into Caution! No Rainbow, Glitter or E=MC2 in between :shock::shock:

To me, she is perpetually gang banging between Rainbow and Charmbracelet (albeit no Glitter).

To me, she is perpetually gang banging between Rainbow and Charmbracelet (albeit no Glitter).
THIS. If she's going to spend her mid-career doing Mariah cosplay, she could at least have SELECTED Butterfly, Emotions or Emancipation to emulate, rather than flitting around the mostly rubbish albums (sorry lambs, you know it's true though!)

Everyone during the past 12 months: BIG BOLD POP WITH AN 80s THROWBACK
Ariana Grande: *mumble mumble*

I mean, knock yourself out with those half-songs, love, instead of giving everyone Into You Pt. II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom