Armenia 2022: Rosa Linn - Snap

I mean it’s not quite the same but we nearly won it with a TikTok star this year :disco:

It can’t be long before the Eurovision winner will be the song that goes full steam for TikTok virality in the months before the contest. You could probably win the contest with a song capable of going viral if you pay off the right TikTokers at the right time.
UGH

It can’t be long before the Eurovision winner will be the song that goes full steam for TikTok virality in the months before the contest. You could probably win the contest with a song capable of going viral if you pay off the right TikTokers at the right time.

Samir och Viktor were truly ahead of their time :(

It almost happened in 2020.

To be fair I don't think it's as bad as all that. Eurovision's audience is far more diverse than TikTok. A viral hit may have a head start, but it still has to be well performed and engaging.

I mean it’s not quite the same but we nearly won it with a TikTok star this year :disco:
Although one I’d never ever had the app suggest to me before selection. (Was anyone else ever aware of him?). I wonder if the Chinese algorithm only showed him to straight people before Eurovision.

Although one I’d never ever had the app suggest to me before selection. (Was anyone else ever aware of him?). I wonder if the Chinese algorithm only showed him to straight people before Eurovision.
I do find it slightly odd that Sam's TikTok following hasn't increased all that much since Eurovision. It was 12.1m in February when he was chosen and it's now 13.4m. It's a bit I suppose.

On how much attention it gets at next year's Eurovision, I imagine there'll be a one minute slot in the interval or during one of the green room bits whenever dedicated to a quick shoutout and video linkup with Rosa Linn about it and that's it. Maybe even just during the semis.

I hope we get a "Snap (your neck)" remix and performance by the evil twins :disco:

I hope we get a "Snap (your neck)" remix and performance by the evil twins :disco:
? :o

1665042483169.png

When I saw this combination there was an instinctive eye roll, but this is actually quite good once it gets going:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom