Australia 2022: Sheldon Riley - Not The Same

First song hot reveal

I like it! I feel like the last outing for electro-rock (Latvia 2017, even if this is a bit harder) probably isn't the best omen for this though :basil:

Potential qualifier if they really nailed the staging.

Here’s the next one and I can’t even begin to describe how disappointed I am, but I’ll try…

Saw that this was a Spotify sad boy ballad and had zero expectations of enjoying it, but I was instantly hooked on the dreamy melodic quality of the first verses. Then of course the track shifts gear after a minute or so and sounds exactly as I had thought it would in the first place.

Completely generic which is a shame as I thought he was really onto something at first.

I quite like that one!

Here's Isaiah's duet which is a bit nothingy - and I say that as an Isaiah apologist

Two more songs have come out Australian (/Osaka) time I guess so we should have them tomorrow

How does one go about being an Isaiah apologist?
“Well his vocals weren’t the worst, thanks Manuel”

his vocal was STRONG (apart from you know what) and I love the song!

Especially this version!!!

Jaguar’s song is alright but I don’t like her tone much and Paulini is a 5/10 generi-bop

🤷‍♂️

That Jaguar song is much easier on the ears than her last effort, probably my favourite so far followed by the Isaiah duet, but there needs to be something much better still to come.

It’s good in a 2015 Adam Lambert album track kind of way.

Whilst it’s obviously FAR too early to know how good/poor the year is, most of the national finals have been QUITE underwhelming so far, particularly from countries you’d expect HIGH QUALITY from (Norway, Malta, Romania, Serbia) etc..

It’s not like we’ve had a shit country that’s thrown a few surprises either, Spain aside, yet they still threw away BETTER songs. I imagine the internals will be good, things will turn around and it’ll be FINE come mid-March, but with what’s left to be selected there‘s nothing I’m FROTHING AT THE GUNNY for.

Last edited:
Reactions: D5K
Yes the songs that have been selected are by and large pretty good so far but I’m just aware we have a sizeable handful of national finals coming up from which there aren’t really ANY good choices.

Not a worst year ever panic, just a fact.

I was hoping they were saving the best for last, until I realized who was left.

All three are former “The Voice Australia” acts with Sheldon having also doing Americas Got Talent and Sean X-Factor UK, I’m sure it’ll be fun watching them both try out diva each other on the night but the fact they kept treading the singing / reality tv circuit over and over again, rather than establishing any sort of career says it all.

G-Nation were mentored by Rita Ora on the Voice and their original song from the finale a few months ago has a whiff of The Saturday’s album track about it, here’s hoping they’ve been given a banger because this is not it.

Sheldon Riley

OK, that one actually sounds competitive. (In the sense that it would have a reasonable chance of escaping the semis)

I’ll have to listen to them all again but that last one is probably my favourite of an underwhelming array

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom