Awards Season 22/23

I know a large portion of the internet will never forgive her for beating Angela Basset, but I love her so much.

“Do you think your parents are looking down on you?”

“Let’s be honest.. NO”

For those who didn’t stay up, I thought this was a pretty good and safe opening monologue. So much better than the shit show of the last couple of years. Not generally a Jimmy Kimmel lover, but he actually talked about films and acknowledged the people there mostly for their work this year. Nothing worse than a host slagging off the nominated films for not being popular enough.

Michelle Yeoh has now of course also joined a VERY select group - Bond girls with Oscars :disco: There's her, Halle Berry, Kim Basinger (Never Say Never Again being an 'unofficial' Bond film) and also Judi Dench if she counts (and I think she DOES, in Skyfall she's definitely the female lead).

Possibly! :disco:

ED9257C5-8497-409C-B41A-2D1F7FF80687.jpeg

incredible, iconic photo of the Dunaway.

and JLC is giving mother. I'm so happy for her. she truly seems like one of the sharpest, funniest and best adjusted people in Hollywood.

gag! if that's the most she finds out, she's very serene about it :D

Cate’s entire red carpet strategy this awards season has been re-wearing her existing garments/sustainability so it would TRACK that she didn’t change her outfit for the after party.

Safe to say that had Angela Basset won, she would not have chosen to display it next to a butt plug :D

UK film fanatics will no longer be able to watch coverage of the Oscars on Sky.

The Comcast-owned pay-TV giant has foregone the rights to show the world’s biggest movie awards ceremony in the UK, following a 20-year run hosting coverage of the LA bash. Deadline understands rightsholder Disney is close to striking a deal with a new UK buyer.

Sky won the rights from the BBC 20 years ago. It most recently showed the ceremony across four channels: a dedicated Sky Cinema Oscars channel, Sky Showcase, Sky Arts and Sky News, along with streaming service Now TV. Coverage tended to run from around 11 p.m. GMT, when the red carpet begins, to roughly 5 a.m. GMT.

The full Deadline article says they're close to a deal with another UK outlet, so all's well.

Hopefully it'l be back on a proper channel or one of the streamers we all have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom