Bananarama - Masquerade (New Album 22nd July)

I’m up for a decent contemporary remix album on vinyl if it’s done RIGHT.

That Cruel Summer remix is literally one of my favourite songs of the summer :D :disco:

Currently revelling in Bananarama having a programme dedicated to them on BBC2 Saturday night.

Loving this little trip through the archives. Always nice to hear their strange eighties accents and they seem to have turned up some interesting performances (not all TOTP!).

Currently revelling in Bananarama having a programme dedicated to them on BBC2 Saturday night.

Loving this little trip through the archives. Always nice to hear their strange eighties accents and they seem to have turned up some interesting performances (not all TOTP!).

I'm watching too. I quite shocked at the early interviews, a cross between The Sex Pistols and Kevin & Perry Go Large in terms of how they speak :D

This reinforces how much I love all their music up to the current day but never really 'delved in' - I need to and I'd love to see them live.

The early version of Bananarama reminds me of the original sugababes lineup without the VOX. 6th Form/fashHun college friends who knew each other and were not put together, strong tunes, a little bit ropey, one of them could storm of stage in a strop at any moment

Sara looked slightly terrifying for that Robert De Niro's Waiting performance.

Breaking out the live vox now....

I'm watching too. I quite shocked at the early interviews, a cross between The Sex Pistols and Kevin & Perry Go Large in terms of how they speak :D

This reinforces how much I love all their music up to the current day but never really 'delved in' - I need to and I'd love to see them live.
Surprisingly good live. The Reunion tour was one of my all time fave gigs when though I was quietly devastated they hadn’t the grace to invite Jacquie O on for a couple of singalongs.

I would not have guessed Love In The First Degree as their biggest UK seller!

Surprisingly good live. The Reunion tour was one of my all time fave gigs when though I was quietly devastated they hadn’t the grace to invite Jacquie O on for a couple of singalongs.

I was wondering who that other one was. Yes I saw most of the reunion tour on YouTube. I am definitely going to look out for when they are either on tour or at one of these festivals - I was at the R2 live (I was also at Big Gay Out Finsbury Park 05 - we don't count that :zombie:) they did a few years back but didn't catch them. I'd like to see them in an intimate venue I think.

Last edited:
I think one of my all time faves is Movin' On which Wiki tells me wasn't even a TOP 20 on the HIT PARADE :BList:

I was wondering who that other one was. Yes I saw most of the reunion tour on YouTube. I am definitely going to look out for when they are either on tour or at one of these festivals - I was at the R2 live they did a few years back but didn't catch them. I'd like to see them in an intimate venue I think.
I saw them on the opening night of the tour and they did far more songs than any other night, I guess gauging what worked best. They dropped a few quickly, no surprise there as Keren and Sara aren’t exactly known as nose to the grindstone, , but reinstated a couple after fans complained.

Jacquie’s only full album was ‘Pop Life’ my fave though she came in at the end of ‘Wow’ campaign and re-recorded some vocals.

Oh thank HEAVENS for a SULTRY TITSHAKER :disco:

No doubt inspired by Azucar Moreno the year before

Movin' On now - this is a sultry bop of a gem that GA would be proud of :disco:

I had no idea they did an ALBAM in the style of recreating what ABBA had. :D

Well this is giving LOUISE levels of relying on your backing singers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom