Bananarama - Masquerade (New Album 22nd July)

Oh go on then:

10 Favourite
08 Stay Wild
09 Velvet Lies
10 Masquerade
10 Running With The Night
08 Bad Love
08 Let's Go Outside
06 Brand New
09 Need A Little More Time
09 Forever Young
07 Waiting For The Sun To Shine

I love 'Forever Young' so I'm thrilled it's being released. However, that cover makes them look anything but...

11 Favourite
10 Stay Wild
09 Velvet Lies
10 Masquerade
08 Running With The Night
07 Bad Love
07 Let's Go Outside
06 Brand New
08 Need A Little More Time
09 Forever Young
07 Waiting For The Sun To Shine

It really is a cracking album.

The Forever Young single released today seems to be the same as the album version. I expected some kind of single mix or edit, maybe that will follow.

Lyric video:

Video clips of Keren and Sara only (of course), though I spy Jacquie O bobbing around behind them from I Want You Back.

On the Radio 2 B list next week.

I assume a video is unlikely, as with Looking For Someone, but a remix would be nice.

Good choice of single. As the album version is only three and a half minutes presumably there will be some light reswizzling going on.

Not a radical reworking but I guess it was felt the instrumental sections on the album version were too long for radio, so it does that tightening up job.

I am OK with them extending the Masquerade campaign and saving whatever else was planned for the 40th to the new year.

Not heard from Almighty for YEARS
I fucking loved them at the time. It got a bit generic by the end, though, sadly…

I still remember chewing my face off telling someone that the Almighty Mix of S Club Juniors’ One Step Closer we were dancing to was a genuinely cool record.

AND I STAND BY MY DECISIONS NOW

I fucking loved them at the time. It got a bit generic by the end, though, sadly…

I still remember chewing my face off telling someone that the Almighty Mix of S Club Juniors’ One Step Closer we were dancing to was a genuinely cool record.

AND I STAND BY MY DECISIONS NOW
There were TWO Almighty mixes. The Jelly & Cream :o one was the usual tits akimbo affair while the club mix was more subdued and could be considered “cool”.

I wonder what this is?

7C60FBB2-3D17-4641-8B55-57C5BA7F7FF4.jpeg

Surely they can't be reissuing the old albums again...

They had a RSD vinyl release of a few new mixes some years back, maybe something like that?

Rather randomly ‘Wow’ is getting an HMV exclusive reissue on white vinyl. I guess because it’s the only coloured vinyl sold out on their official store, though it was red vinyl on there.

At fifty quid by the time they have whacked on postage I know I am going to end up ordering this very begrudgingly.

That’s how I felt. Couldn’t resist but feels way overpriced.

Hopefully flogging the original will at least make a bit back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom